Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Believe

One of the Christmas cards I've been working on for the latest Whimsy Stamps release featuring the fab new dies - Christmas Branches and Wonderland Word set.  I also used the Lily Flower die set to make the poinsettias.


Ugh, I struggled with getting the true colour in the photographs - I tried photograping inside and out and this is about the best I could get.  White background paper and bright red flowers don't photograph well together 😤


I used red foamiran for the flowers, edged the petals with a touch of gold paint, then added some crushed glass to the petals and berries for a frosty look.


The papers are a mix - the poinsettia print is from The Range.  It's so pretty IRL with lots of sparkly glitter and texture.  The dark green is by Personal Impressions, I've had it for years.  Always knew it would come in handy eventually 😂


I love how versatile the lily die is, so far I've made lilies (natch), poinsettias and clematis.  Not bad for what started out life as a wee doodle whilst I was on the phone!

Here's the links to the Whimsy Stamps products used.

 





10 comments:

  1. Please give us a peek at the inside! Looks like a lot of nice layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful and tastefully done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking, rich and beautiful Bev! Love that deeper palette and the gorgeous poinsettia! Another exquisite creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Bev, love the mix of papers, the light and the dark work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails