Wednesday, 16 August 2017

New Lily Die Set - Whimsy Stamps August Release

It's release time at Whimsy Stamps and the new August dies, rubber and clear goodies are out.  You can see the entire release here.

I'm featuring the new Lily Flower Die Set on both cards and have used them two ways, one as a traditional lily flower and the other I've created a poinsettia using the same die set.

First up the lily card - I made the flower using white silk foamiran for the flower and olive green foamiran for the leaves.   I also used the smallest die from my Peony Flower Die Set to make the little white cherry blossoms. I used one of my Vintage Sentiments, the font worked so well for the look I was aiming for with this one.

Just a heads up for the UK girls, Noor Design has the new release in stock here


A closer look at the flowers which I coloured with oil pastels and then used a copic marker to create the dots on the petals.


The paper is The Promise pad by First Edition.



Next up is a Christmas card, again using the lily dies


I love that the die set can be used for more than it was intended for, I do like to get my money's worth lol.

I used white foamiran again and used all three layers (each cut twice) to make up the large poinsettia  and the smaller two layers for the small poinsettia.  I also used the peony flower set to make the gold blossoms.  The leaves I did by painting a sheet of white card with gold paint then die cut using the fab-u-lassss Holly Vine Die.  I love how that turned out!  The sentiment is the Christmas Large Word Die


I finished up the arrangement with some white berries and some wee cones that I painted gold.



I'll be back tomorrow with another card featuring the lily die set and also the gorgeous new rose petal die set

I've linked to the products in the post but to make it easier to find them here they are again

      

    


15 comments:

  1. You are so talented Bev thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, absolutely gorgeous Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these are incredible! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just wow!! These are gorgeous!! The flowers are so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning- both cards are amazing. Wish I could get their stuff in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely exquisite Bev! Love the way you changed up the Lily flower die to be a poinsettia! So clever and versatile. Your die is utterly fab!! So so inspiring hun. Loving your foamiran adventures!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bev! Absolutely stunning. Your designs and choice of colours are just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful Bev, wow.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant think of anything to say that has not already been said. You are so gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Bev , love how you have achieved two totally different looks whilst using the same die like you said it's nice to have value for money , I'm going to have a go at making some foamiran poinsettas with a marianne die that I have but if I don't like how they turn out I can see the tattered poinsetta ending up in my basket lol there goes my money again ! Look forward to tomorrow's card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ces cartes sont vraiment merveilleuses,j adore!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely Bev...I'm sure you're tired of hearing that! LOL! I just got my dies in from Whimsy and I haven't had a chance to make anything yet but I plan on spending the afternoon practicing! It'll take hours trying to get something even near yours.
    i wish you had a video of the Lily and poinsettias to learn from! Maybe one day soon??
    Blessings to you Bev!
    Debbie Niemeyer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails