Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Have a Sunshiney Day

It looks like the only summer days the UK is going to get ……. again ……. is those we create ourselves, so here’s a bright and summery card.  With this ridiculously wretched weather I need all the bright I can get my hands on.

I went digi today and decided to colour up Penguin Swings – now seriously, can you get any cuter than this?!?  I used the Sunshiney Day sentiment from my Vintage Sentiments stamp set, it was perfect for the sweet image.  I finished off the card with some foamiran flowers.  The large pink and blue flowers are made from my Peony Flower Die Set that I believe will be in stock again both here in the UK at Noor Design and Dies to Die For as well as Whimsy Stamps themselves by the end of the week.  You lot wiped them out lol.

And speaking of restocks, I have another die coming out in the next month or so, and like the peony, will be adaptable to be able to make more than one type of flower.  I love me some value for money!


bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-swings


I coloured this cutie with copic markers:
Penguin: C9,7,5; C1,0,00; R20, 30; YR27, 24, 31 30
Pink: R85, 83, 81, RV02
Aqua: BG57, 45, 53, B000
Green: YG67, 63, 61
Swing: E25, 23, 21


bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-swings3


A close up of the flowers.


bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-swings4


The paper is First Edition Pretty Posy pad.  The doily die is by Crafters Companion and the tag die is from eBay


bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-swings1


I finished off the flowers with some crinkled organza ribbon.  The sparkly centres of the blue flowers are another eBay purchase.  I swear I spend more time on eBay and my Kindle than I do in my craft room!


bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-swings2


Enjoy the rest of your week.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bev, i love the sweet colours, and the flowers as well.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is your card and what an adorable image used too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun stamp love the colours and fab flowers love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this card is absolutely delightful! Love the adorable image, your coloring techniques, the sweet foamiran flowers. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adore able. Love this. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheerful card and cute to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful, such pretty colours and papers, and then those flowers oohlala!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image, gorgeous flowers, stunning card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card, fab flowers and lovely papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So super precious Bev!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bev, what a cute little penguin on a swing! Just adorable! I love your color choices! What makes it so special is your hand made foamiran flowers!! You, my dear, are becoming a pro at them!
    But, you can get cuter, I search your blog regularly for the Penguin Watermelon (adorable!) and Penguin Pool Party, Penguin Floating, and Penguin Beach Chair! It's summer time! Pull out the Summer Penguins!! These are all just stinking cute and I am waiting to see what you do with these!
    Blessings,
    Debbie Niemeyer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bev, this is super cute! I am so loving these sweet penguins of Crisssy's. Love the way you colour them too! Beautiful papers and oh those blooms, they are LUSH!! Stunning creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails