Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Life’s a Beach–Whimsy Stamps June Release



The Whimsy Stamps June 2017 release party has started over on the Whimsy Stamps and Inspirations Facebook group. Pop across to join in with games, fun, and a chance to win Whimsy prizes too.

We are releasing new red rubber images, clear stamp sets and dies.  Everything is available here, so do pop across to see all of the new stamping goodness.

I've two cards to share today showcasing some of the delectable new goodies - one for the boys and of course one soft and girly (gotta have my pink and flowers lol)

bev-rochester-whimsy-life's-a-beach

I’ve made a fun card for the boys using the fabulous new Life’s a Beach stamp set from the new release – more penguin goodness, and the sentiments that come with the set are pretty special too!!  

I dug out another My Mind’s Eye pad, these are so perfect for summery boys cards I think.  And there’s not a flower in sight!  I finished off the card with a little handmade pinwheel instead and added some It’s a Party Enamel Dots and machine stitching together with the fence die and circle frame for some added interest (gotta make up for the flower withdrawals lol)


The copic colours I used on this cutie are
Penguin: C9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 0, 00; YR24, 21, 31, 30; R20, 30
Scarf: R46, 27, 14,12
Skateboard: BG75, 72, 70

bev-rochester-whimsy-life's-a-beach1

My second card is a bit on the different side (for me at least) in that I made my own background paper using distress inks and the fab Polka Dot Fun clear stamp set, and this is another card I loved making and was delighted with the result.  

I heat embossed the polka dots then rubbed over different coloured distress inks using ink dusters and whilst I had the embossing powder out I heat embossed a butterfly from the Lovely Lavender stamp set.  I finished the card off with some handmade Foamiran flowers using the Peony Flower die set as well as some other flower dies I have in my stash.  

I used the Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles for the stamped layer and the sentiment is the Happy Sayings die and stamp sets.

bev-rochester-whimsy-polka-dot-fun


Love how the daisy turned out – this was done using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.

bev-rochester-whimsy-polka-dot-fun1

I'll be back tomorrow with two more cards.



collage-2017-06-07 (3)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Very cute and I love the gorgeous flower card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your distressed ink background....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, love all the details on the flower card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so cute Bev! Love the cute wee skateboarder. Gorgeous card design and lovely happy colours. Love your elegant sentiment card too. Both gorgeous!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both but always favor the girly with pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails