Sunday, 5 February 2017

Dream Catcher

I don’t have a dream catcher die and wanted to make a card using one soooo, I cobbled on together using a few different dies.  I made a frame using a couple circle dies, trimmed a doily die cut to fit the back of the frame then arranged some feathers at the bottom.  Job done and no new dies were added to my collection lol.  I’ll take that as a win because the sheer number of dies I have is ridonkulous!!

bev-rochester-dreamcatcher

I made all the flowers using Foamiran which I got from Noor Design.  They sell the larger and thinner sheets which are way better than some of the other sheets that I first got.  The thicker ones are A4 in size and definitely not as pliable.  The flowers were die cut from Rosy Dot dies also from Noor Design.  I used pigment inks to colour the foam although the pink one is darker than I would’ve like and that’s because I used pink foam.  I think I prefer the softer effect that I got on the blue one using white as the base and building up the colour.  Oh, the leaf die is also Rosy Dot and yep, also from Noor Design.

bev-rochester-dreamcatcher3

I love how the dream catcher turned out.

bev-rochester-dreamcatcher1

I perched a paper clay bird on one of the branches and stencilled a sentiment in the bottom right corner.  I even got the old sewing maching out for this one.  Oooh go me!

bev-rochester-dreamcatcher2

Have a fab week.  I’ll be back Wednesday thru Friday for cards featuring stamps from the February Whimsy release.



I

13 comments:

  1. Stunning this is just fabulous loving those flowers love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card and the dream catcher is beautiful!
    Love it :)
    Have a creative and lovely new week.
    ~Inger~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning creation and your dream catcher looks amazing and very inspirational after all we do possess a lot of dies that can be adapted with creative ideas.
    fabulous!
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev. That so works, well done. Love the way tou put cards together. Have a great week. Smiles. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Bev. Love how you whipped up the dream catcher & made those gorgeous foam flowers. They look very realistic...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour bravo pour votre carte qui est absolument divine je suis totalement sous le charme des découpes des détails des couleurs bref c'est un délice à bientôt bonne semaine

      Delete
  6. Stunning, and you would never know that wasn't just one die. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, that's beautiful. Love that fab dream catcher die, my daughter would so love that! Beautiful papers and gorgeous design. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, you inspire my imagination with the dream catcher!!! I need to think along those same lines! Most dies can be altered, well not the die itself, but the cutouts...
    Again, we need a tutorial on making those flowers 🌺! What are you coloring the foam with, Distress inks?
    This card is so lovely Bev❣️

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails