Monday, 16 January 2017

Happy Wishes for Maja Design

I’m doing a guest designer spot for Maja Design over on the Maja Design Blog this month, and this is the first of the cards I’ve made using their gorgeous papers.  I used the Coffee in the Arbor collection – perfect for a pretty shabby chic card. The papers used on this card are Raspberry Jam Cookies, Raspberry Cupcake and Raspberry Lemonade.

bev-rochester-maja-coffee-in-the-arbor1

I used the fab-u-las Butterflies stencil by Whimsy Stamps yep, they’re doing stencils now!   I used white embossing paste and before it dried I sprinkled some Distress Glitter onto the butterflies for a pop of the old bling.  I also stamped around the edges of the cream layer with the new In Stitches stamps (also Whimsy, natch) using Walnut Stain ink.

bev-rochester-maja-coffee-in-the-arbor3

And more new Whimsy goodies that I just had to use … The butterfly is from the Flight of the Butterflies stamp set, I used that amazing Happy Sayings stamp set and matching Happy Sayings Die Set because … my favourite die and stamp set ever … and I also used the Honeycomb Pattern die which I popped under the first layer.

bev-rochester-maja-coffee-in-the-arbor4

Finished off with crinkled organza ribbon, twine and the obligatory flowers.

bev-rochester-maja-coffee-in-the-arbor5

Have a great week.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring card design. I like the flower arrangement with the ribbon very much. All the little butterflies and Happy Sayings Die Set are looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely mixed media card Bev...the butterfly stencil is awesome. Gorgeous papers too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card loving the flowers and organza ribbon
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Super stunning card Bev. Filled with beautiful detail and those flowers are to die for!
    Congrats on your guest DT for Maja!
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Bev, gorgeous flowers and papers.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb Bev, beautiful papers.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so gorgeous . Those colours are Devine . As are the flowers. Smiles. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev so much deliciousness in one card ! Absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card love the beautiful design that die set is so special Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so, SO pretty! Love the papers and the gorgeous card layout. Lovely diecuts and that sentiment die is fabulous. Really beautiful card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails