Sunday, 6 November 2016

Christmas Rosette

This little project started out as a lollipop card.  Then I got to thinking …. what on earth was I gonna do with a lollipop card??  Soooo, it morphed into a Christmas ornament instead.  Ah that’s much better, at least this way it’ll get some use.

bev-rochester-whimsy-under-the-mistletoe

I die cut the base from the Double Scallop Doily Die – Circle from Whimsy Stamps.  I then made a rosette from two strips of gingham paper (2.25” x 12”), scored every centimetre and accordion folded them and glued them together to make a circle which I flattened and glued this on to the doily using a hot glue gun.

bev-rochester-whimsy-under-the-mistletoe1

I then layered up another doily and some patterned paper from the Christmas Cheer paper pad and adhered that in the centre using foam pads for extra dimension.  I stamped out the little gingerbread girl from the Meet me under the mistletoe stamp set and coloured it up with copic markers.  She got some puffy and glittery “icing” using a snow writer.

bev-rochester-whimsy-under-the-mistletoe2

I finished it off with the obligatory flowers and a couple of tassels made using some left over paper scraps.  I didn’t have any gold thingamabobs for the top of the tassels so I punched out a couple of small daisies from gold paper, cupped them using a ball tool and glued them on top.  Cheap – as in free (me likey), super quick and the perfect colour.

bev-rochester-whimsy-under-the-mistletoe3

I had such fun making this, I’m going to do a few more for the tree.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute ornament! Loving the tassels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, very pretty with a real cutie of an image.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea so pretty x


    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! It will look wonderful on your tree! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea Bev ... I love everything about this especially the "free" part ... oh my gosh the tassels are the greatest thing ever & using a daisy punch for the top is ingenious... Another amazing little creation !!!
    hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun!! I might have to give one of these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is this CUTE but it is so PRETTY. Awesome lollipop morphed into an ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute Christmas Rosette. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails