Thursday, 13 October 2016

Snowman and Robin

It’s day 2 of the October Whimsy Stamps release, with the party over in the Whimsy Stamps and Inspirations Facebook group still going strong.

I’ve used the sweet little Snowman and Robin for today’s card, along with the fabulous Winter Wishes paper pad and matching Winter Wishes Enamel Dots.  For the UK ladies - Noor Design is stocking the new Whimsy release here.  I stamped the new Clearly Criss Cross Flowers background stamp onto white card and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder then rubbed several different shades of Distress Ink over the piece to get the smoky blue to match the background paper.  I love this resist technique.  I used a sentiment from the Clearly Holiday Sweet Treats stamp set – I love this set, the font is gorgeous.

13th - Bev - Snowman & Robin, Criss Cross, paper, dots, in my backyard

I coloured up the image using copic markers:
Snowman: C1, 0, 00, BV20
Hat, scarf: C9, 7, 5; B95, 91; BG57, 53; G29, 24, 20
Broom: E35, 31, 30, 27

bev-rochester-whiimsy-snowman-and-robin3

I made the poinsettias using the Build a Poinsettia die set  that was released last month.  I adhered some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels – Iced Snow to the petals, LOVE the soft bling this gives the flowers.  Oooh very snazzy!  I also popped in some distressed organza ribbon inbetween the flowers to further soften up the arrangement and of course that silver and white twine from Hobbycraft.  You’ll be pleased to know that if there’s none left on the shelves at the Silverlink branch that’s because I bought the lot Open-mouthed smile.

bev-rochester-whiimsy-snowman-and-robin4

Love the colours of this card – it all came together so easily with that fab paper pad.

bev-rochester-whiimsy-snowman-and-robin1

Back tomorrow with another card from the new release.

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful Christmas card Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so cute! I love the adorable snowman and the colours of your card are great. I like the touch of green. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and what a gorgeous stamp the robin and snowman are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Bev and this image is just gorgeous..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, what an adorable image and you've used the lovely leaf die again , it has to be one of the best leaf dies ever and it so needs to be in my craft room, looks like I need to get writing to Santa lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb. Much to cute. Hugs. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev, what a sweet stamp, it is so adorable.

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning festive card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore this image and love the icy blues

    ReplyDelete
  10. This snowman is so cute and your card so pretty. Love it Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails