Sunday, 2 October 2016

Shabby Chic Balloons

It took me a while to work out what I was going to do with the Big Balloons Celebrations stamps and Big Balloons Celebrations Die Set.  See, I wanted a shabby looking card and well, the balloons don’t really scream shabby.  But it’s amazing what paper can do to transform a set of stamps and dies from which I would first think could only be used for clean and simple to my usual more is more kind of card.  I love it when an idea I have in my head turns into the exact card I was wanting to make.
bev-rochester-whimsy-clearly-big-balloon-celebrations
I used Galeria Papier As If In A Dream Retro paper pack, love the creamy pinks and greens in this pack.   I die cut the balloons from matching papers in the pack and edged with Pumice Stone Distress Ink so they would pop off the card and not get lost in all the pattern.  I stamped the sentiment after I had die cut the balloon using my beloved Misti.  Man oh man I would be so lost without it.
bev-rochester-whimsy-clearly-big-balloon-celebrations1
The doily die is by Prima and the leaves are by Rosy Owl (my favourite leaves of all time!)
bev-rochester-whimsy-clearly-big-balloon-celebrations2

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Bev! Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, beautiful flowers and colours, I would love to sit beside you whilst you are making your fab creations just to see the thought process that goes into it because whatever you do it always looks amazing , enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant such a fab design its all beautiful Love and hugs Caorle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card, I love it! You've done beautiful work. Can you share a link to the leaves you used? mlwcreations@hotmail.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bev. This is such a wow card. I would be over the moon if l ever received such a card. Love the colours you have chosen. Hugs. Jan.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card l like it a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, I also like the pink and green paper. I will have to check out the leaves die. Hope you are keeping well.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Beautiful colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for not stopping by in your blog for sometime :( Your cards are as gorgeous as ever! This one is very beautiful design and gorgeous flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Bev..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails