Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Joyous Holiday

Today sees the start of the Whimsy September 2016 Release Party over in our Whimsy Stamps and Inspirations Facebook group. The Whimsy DT will be sharing sneak peeks at the new products releasing today, so pop across and join us for games, fun, and a chance to win Whimsy prizes.
To join our release party event, just pop over to the Whimsy group any time until Friday, September 16th.

I’ve used the Joyous Holiday set for my card today.  I’ve added a layer to the card by using the  Double Scallop Doily Die – Circle.

bev-rochester-whimsy-joyous-holiday

I stamped and heat embossed the poinsettia three times on to vellum, coloured the back with copic markers and layered up with foam pads to give a bit of dimension.  I love how the poinsettia turned out …. and it’s pink! Open-mouthed smile

bev-rochester-whimsy-joyous-holiday2

Because the First Edition Christmas Promise paper is on the busy side I kept the embellishments to a minimum so the flower could be the star of the show.

bev-rochester-whimsy-joyous-holiday1

Back tomorrow with another card featuring the new release.

9 comments:

  1. Amazing Bev! Love the Poinsettia! How different they look in vellum. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bev this is gorgeous, love that poinsettia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink poinsettia in combination with the soft green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this poinsettia is gorgeous - love the idea of using vellum. You have inspired me to have a go at this technique:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, love the papers,the poinsettia is fab and I'll be having a go at one of those for definite, thanks for the inspiration yet again whenever I get crafters block I always come and search your blog and it never fails to give me the boost I need xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Just love the poinsettia. I must try this. Very nice balanced card. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colours and the poinsettia thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Such a stunning card! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonjour, bravo pour cette carte qui est vraiment merveilleuse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails