Sunday, 31 July 2016

For my best friend

Morning!  Here’s a quick card I made using the delectable Maja Summertime papers.  These are seriously fabulous!  I decided to utilise the bicycle picture and built the flowers up around the bicycle …. trying not to cover it up too much.

bev-rochester-maja-summertime-blue

The ruffled flower in the centre of the arrangement is handmade – I used some of the Maja paper.  It’s so thick and robust and stands up really well to manhandling the wet petals.  The pointy leaves at either end of the arrangement are Scrapiniec chipboards (all links at end of post).  As always, I gave the chippies a coat of white paint, I prefer the white to the creamy look they come in.  The glitter leaves are actually from a Christmas garland that I decided to chop in to, loving the sparkle. 

Tucked under the flowers is more chipboard – the stunning Mehendi Laces.  LOVE these.  The sentiment is also chipboard.

bev-rochester-maja-summertime-blue2

The Owl Charm just finished this off, complete with his blue peepers Winking smile

bev-rochester-maja-summertime-blue1

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and colour combo + flowers
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful a very lovely card those papers and that flower are just amazing love it love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Dearest Bev,
    Today's Card Is Just So Extremely Exquisite, I Truly Love The Colour Combination And "The Maja Papers" Are To Die For, I Love Them As Much As "The Pion Range" I Love The Stunning Flowers From "Wild Orchid" And Your One Exceptionally Talented Lady
    (But I Knew That Anyway) I Love How You Have Created "The Ruffled Handmade Flower" It Looks Truly Very Beautiful.
    Also It's Great How You Made Fantastic Use Of Cutting Into Your Christmas Garland For The Glitter Leaves It Just Adds That Touch Of Glitter Without Going Overboard, Just Adding Enough Sparkle.
    I Also Love The Outstanding Mehendi Lace Just So Very Very Beautiful.
    Bev Thank You For Sharing You Inspire Me With Your Tremendous Cards, And I So Much Appreciate That, Take Great Care.
    Love And Huge Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my godness!! I'm blown away by your amazing creations lately! I usually am drawn to projects featuring a colored image but wow these cards stand out in a crowd !! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Bev, lots of lovely things but I really love the little owl he's so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev, your cards are always soooooo gorgeous, keep up he great work!

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev, your cards are always soooooo gorgeous, keep up he great work!

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Bev, Hugs Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails