Sunday, 3 April 2016

Little Mermaid

This months challenge at Noor Design is "Anything Goes".  I'm running behind (as always) but here's my contribution to the challenge which started on the 1st April and runs for a month.

When I saw this digi stamp on Etsy I couldn't click the buy it button fast enough.  I swear I sprained my clicker finger, not clever when I spend so much time 1-clicking ebooks on Amazon lol.    The stamp is called Little Mermaid, and it’s been shaded by the artist so makes colouring an absolute breeze.

bev-rochester-noor-mermaid

Copic colours used:
Skin – E13, 11, 00, 000, R20
Hair – a light touch of C3 and 1
Tail -  C9, BG15, 13, 11, 10, 000
Rock - C5, 3, 1, 0; E35, 30
Flowers – R85, 81, RV000; YG67, G20

bev-rochester-noor-mermaid4

I hope the texture that I added with modelling paste and a stencil is showing up in the photo below, as well as the die cut bubbles that I filled with glossy accents.  I zapped the organza bow with a heat gun once the glue had dried to shrivel it a bit, I love the movement this technique gives to the ribbon

bev-rochester-noor-mermaid3

The little turtle was coloured with Walnut Stain distress ink whilst it was still in the die, then I gave it a coat of glossy accents to highlight the shell.  Love the seaweed, I think I’ll be using this for leaves a fair bit.

bev-rochester-noor-mermaid2

I really love how this card turned out, I had such fun playing with different techniques – things I've been meaning to try for ages and never got round to.  I must be feeling better lol.

bev-rochester-noor-mermaid1

Wild Orchid Crafts products used:
MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER MAGNOLIAS QVR-029
MIXED COLOUR MINIATURE GARDENIA FLOWERS MKX-198
OFF-WHITE MULBERRY PAPER CHRYSANTHEMUMS MKX-117
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER SWEETHEART BLOSSOM FLOWERS MKX-336
MIXED GREEN TONE MULBERRY PAPER TULIP FLOWERS MKX-147
OFF-WHITE GUIPURE LACE MKX-424WHITE PEARL LOOP SPRAY STEMS MKX-460

Noor Design products used:



21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, she looks so realistic love all the details on this one, your just so inspirational and I love seeing all the different elements you bring to your cards, enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card and I have to agree on that mermaid, she is just stunning. Love her and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly.... truely amazingly lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and amazing creation with fabulous colour combo used...love this...xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card it really is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card love the fab colours and gorgoeus textures its lovely love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Bev..love all your details and design and the little Mermaid is gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the colours and the image, of course. I'd love to see some tutorial on the techniques you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Bev, that image is a delight.
    Hope you are well x

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhh, I haven't missed blogland but I sure missed your stunning cards. Every now and then I see them appear on Facebook and I think: oooo yes that one is made by Bev Rochester.
    How are you doing? I hope you're fine and no pains at all anymore.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous image Bev, no wonder you had to have her. Beautifully coloured and beautifully designed.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome coloring job....Gorgeous card.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg this is amazing Bev. So much to look at. I love all the fabulous details you've added. And lastly your colouring of her is fabulous. Great all round job x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I do love that image. There's something so wistful and enchanting about it! Beautifully coloured Bev and oh my, those Noor Design dies are the perfect compliment to this divine image. Utterly love everything about this gorgeous card Bev. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful color combinations and the cutest picture. All the detailing really adds to the picture. Love it. I tried to click on the items to order but couldn't get it to work. Hope I can find them. Thanks for the card idea. Edna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails