Sunday, 3 January 2016

A little bit of drama

Happy New Year!  I hope 2016 is going to be an exceptional one for us all.
Today’s card is all about the drama, and nothing shouts drama than black (a colour I am terrified of ha!).  I had a bit of a sort through my paper stash several weeks back so my grandkids could have some stuff for play group and also beavers.  They went away happy kiddoes.  Anyhow, whilst I was sorting I found a box of Prima pads that had never seen the light of day and this one jumped out at me, so in between sorting out I whipped up this card.
bev-rochester-woc-prima-332015-1

I love this metal clock, it’s part of a set of charms from Wild Orchid Crafts.
bev-rochester-woc-prima-332015-3

I cut out some of the clocks from the papers and popped them in the bottom right corner, and also broke up the black a bit by adding a die cut butterfly (Cheery Lynn I think).  And just peeking out beneath the flowers are a couple of gold metal flowers.  Love these.
bev-rochester-woc-prima-332015-2

And of course finished off with some delish Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and a seam binding bow (product details at the end of the post).  The leaves are a Memory Box branch die, and the doily die is by Crafters Companion.
bev-rochester-woc-prima-332015

Wild Orchid Crafts product list:
MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER MAGNOLIAS QVR-029
LARGE WHITE WILD ROSES 40mm (1½") QVR-065
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER WILD ROSES 1¼" (30mm) QVR-014
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-013
PEACH PUFF MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-710
WHITE COSMOS DAISY STEM FLOWERS MKX-119
8 MIXED CLOCKS & TIME METAL EMBELLISHMENTS GST-158
10 FILIGREE ANTIQUE GOLD FLOWER EMBELLISHMENT MKX-388
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON - CAMEO BEIGE MKX-474
BROWN SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS - ⅕" (5mm) MKX-319
BROWN SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS - ⅛" (3mm) MKX-510

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous papers beautiful card
    Ginny x My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev,
    "HAPPY NEW YEAR"
    I Love Today's Outstanding Card I Love The Rich, Opulent, Paper You've Used And The Stunning Embellishments Your Cards Are Always Tremendous, And I'm Hoping 2016 Is A Fantastic Year For You And Your Family
    Take Care
    Love And Hugs
    From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dramatic card - stunning! Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, very dramatic, I love the peach and white with the black. Happy New Year.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning card Bev. I wish I could just whip up a stunner whilst sorting out my stuff. Happy New Year and please keep inspiring us x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beauty card Bev, a real stunner, love everything about it. Happy New Year hin, hope it is a happy,and above all,a healthy one for you. Hugs, Marjorie S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous amazing embellishments Happy New Year hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Bev with all its drama. Love the brass clocks against the soft flowers. Stunning.
    Happy New Year - I hope 2016 brings all good things to you and your family.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year to you and your family Bev, beautiful card love the colours and the em bellies are just fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card as always Bev. Love the soft creams and peaches with the background.
    With all good wishes for 2016!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails