Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Snowflake wall hanging

A friend asked if I would make one of my mixed media wall hangings for her to send to family in the USA for Christmas.  This is what I came up with. 
I started off by getting my hubby to drill me some holes so I could join the MDF snowflakes to make one long hanging, then gave them a few coats of white paint front and back.  I then die cut some doily shapes from 300 gsm card and stuck down with pva glue.  The gaps were filled in by using some structure paste and the snowflake stencil.  I then painted the flowers white and when dry glued in place.  Then came the fun part, digging out the colour mists and having FUN!  Once this was dry I joined the snowflakes with white seam binding.
The NOEL word and the bauble are chipboards that I picked up from The Range (I think it may be by Papermania?).  The angel wings and the floral wreath I made using air dry clay and a couple of moulds.
bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media
Some close ups, the largest snowflake first.  I love how the die cut doily and embossing shows up so well.
bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-3
The middle one, I just LOVE those angel wings.  The heart is a plastic button.
bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-4
And the smallest one, I painted the clay wreath with some of the misters
bev-rochester-noor-snowflake-mixed-media-5
Noor Design products used:

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Bev! Your friend's family will be thrilled to receive this. I'm sure this will go up every Christmas. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning! The colours are so delicate and the detail just wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is wonderful. I think the family will be blow away by this gorgeous piece. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, got these snowflakes too. Love what you did with them. So beautiful.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just love this. Fabulous snowflakes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous colour combo, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Bev, I hope to be as talented as you one day! Hope you are feeling better these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This by far is my favorite - you have done beautiful work and I love the colors you have used. Your talent knows no boundaries. Thank you1

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Bev, bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty just fabulous Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails