Sunday, 30 August 2015

Mr Frosty and transforming lilies into poinsettias

Morning!  I’ve a Christmas card to share today and also a peek at how I change up the Wild Orchid Crafts lilies to look like poinsettias.  Okay, so originally this started out as a card for a man, but then the flowers crept in, then I added pearls and well, now it’s not!

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8

I love this Mr Frosty stamp, soooo cute!

Copic colours used:
White: C3, 1, 0, 00
Hat: E27, 25, 21
Birds/Jumper: E43, 42, 41, 40
Red: R46, 35, 14
Turquoise: BG75, 72, 70
Leaves: YG67, 63, G20

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-3

A close up of the transformed lilies.

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-2

I pulled them apart, used a large ball tool on the back to shape then reattached using strong glue.  I finished off with a pearl in the middle.  The poinsettias on this card were the first I made, subsequent ones I have cut buts out of the sides (as in the picture below) to give a more realistic look.  You can also dab a bit of green ink in the centre and tips (again which I have done with subsequent flowers that I have made using the lilies)

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-5

To get the seam binding so crinkled I wet and scrunched up tight and left it overnight to dry,  This really makes it super crinkly Smile

bev-rochester-mr-frosty-30-8-4

Products used:

Whimsy StampsMr Frosty
Paper: Pink Paislee
Noor Design - 0357 border die

Wild Orchid Crafts products:
LANTERNS STANDING CUTOUT SET GST-076
12 WHITE BEAD BERRY SPRAY CLUSTERS GST-155
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON - MOSS GREEN MKX-487
RED AND WHITE MULBERRY PAPER LILY FLOWERS MKX-608
CREAM MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-016

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the image and whole card design. Thanks for explaining how to make the poinsettia. What did you colour the petals with though? Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't colour them honey, I used the deep red flowers from the MKX-608 pack

      Delete
  2. What a great transformation Bev...super card with lots of great distressing ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card , mr frosty is such a cutie love what you've done with with seam binding too will have to give that a go enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Bev, such a cute snowman and I love the colours and embellies :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev,
    As Always A Truly Tremendous Card That You've Shared With Us Today, I Really Just Love The Fabulous "Mr Frosty Stamped Image" I Love How You've Created Your Messy Bow It Looks Fantastic, Love Your Choice Of Papers, Your Colouring And Shading Of Your Image (Which For Me You Never Fail Us As Your Cards Are Just Magnificent And Look Rich And Opulent)
    I Love The Transformed Lillies To The Poinsettias And For The Great Tutorial I Just Love All The Embellishments.
    Thank You For Sharing Your Card And Your Tips And Techniques
    Take Care Bev
    Love And Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Bev! I love the Lily Poinsettias and the crinkly seam binding. Gorgeous paper combo and blooms set this dear old snowman up beautifully. Love it. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always Bev you have made an amazing card and the snowman is adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev, hope you are well hin. Fabulous card as usual, perfect colouring and just enough gorgeous embellishments and cleverly done poinsettias. As usual you are an inspiration, thanks for sharing. It has made me want to start Christmas cards right now, well what else can I do on a rainy Bank Holiday Monday but craft, a perfect reason I would say! Hugs. Marjore S. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always a card worth sending. Love the stamp, the coloring and the way you've put it all together. Great card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning design I love that image just fab Thanks for sharing your Lily tutorial must see if i have some in my flower box to give it a go. Wonderful card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails