Sunday, 26 July 2015

Two little angels

Morning!  My project today is a shabby Christmas plaque that I had such fun making.  I love mixed media, there are no rules!

I started off with some very old Anna Griffin striped cream and pink paper which formed the background.  I then used a text stencil and some stencil paste to add some texture.  Before the paste dried I poured on some fine glitter for a little bit of bling.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque

Once this was dry I die cut a frame (Marianne Designs die) twice and glued together for added strength.  Before adhering this with foam pads I glued on a border of pearls around the edge.   Then … I went crazy with the embellies.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque1

The poinsettia are actually lilies which I pulled apart, cut some chunks out the edges so the petals weren’t so uniform, spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls inks then reassembled with stamens in the centre.  I coloured the white stamens with some shabby shutters reinker.  I die cut the holly leaves and spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang inks and twisted whilst still wet then gently unravelled once dry.  Did you spot the angel wings?  Man I love that silicone mould so much ♥♥♥

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque2

Once everything was stuck in place I went over the highlights with either white gesso or Viva Inka Gold wax.

Products used:
Angel print – Inkido paper
MDF Essential Oval plaque from Noor Design

Wild Orchid Crafts products:
MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER LILY FLOWERS MKX-333
MIXED PINK TONE OPEN ROSES MKX-661
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-013
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER GYPSOPHILA FLOWERS GST-225
White Stamens MKX-470
WHITE PEARL STRING-4mm MKX-533
WHITE CABOCHON ANGELS MKX-189
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON – WHITE MKX-472

  •  

    13 comments:

    1. Stunning Bev..just gorgeous.

      luv CHRISSYxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. A beautiful mixed media piece Bev. Love that sweet image and those gorgeous blooms. Hugs, Wends x

      ReplyDelete
    3. Fabulous papers and flowers great image Ginny x

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Bev
      I Truly Love This Outstanding, Magnificent Creation.
      Its Just So Gorgeous, A Fabulous Creation That You're Sharing With Us Today I Love The Fabulous Angel Wings, I Love How You Started By Using The Remarkable Anna Griffin Paper And Then Adding The Text Stencil With Some Stencil Paste, And Adding Glitter Before It Dries.
      I Love How You've Created Poinsettias From Lilies, I Love The Beautiful Bells, I Just Love The Soft Colour Tones You've Chosen For This Fabulous Creation The Wonderful Soft Cream And Delicate Pink You're One Extremely Talented Gifted Lady.
      Once More Thank You Bev For Sharing Your Talents With Us.
      Take Great Care Bev
      Hugs From
      Sam xxx

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is just so lovely the design and everything about it is exceptional another perfection from a very talented lady love and hugs Carole x

      ReplyDelete
    6. WOW what a stunning creation Bev...simply gorgeous
      Cheers
      Dr Sonia
      Cards Crafts Kids Projects

      ReplyDelete
    7. Beautiful project, they look like such fun to create,would love to see your craft room after you've made one of these if it was me I don't think you'd see the desk lol look forward to seeing your next one take care xx

      ReplyDelete
    8. Another gorgeous work of art, Bev!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Stunning, absolutely beautiful embellishments. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

      ReplyDelete
    10. Beautiful, love your embellishments

      ReplyDelete
    11. Absolutely gorgeous! You are so great with mixed media, love the shabby look!

      ReplyDelete
    12. This looks gorgeous Bev! Hugs! Mojca

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting!

    Bev x

    Related Posts with Thumbnails