Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Seaside Puzzle

I had a play and came up with a simple mixed media piece.  Man!  I love getting inky!

bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media

I started off by giving the new puzzle piece (from Noor Design – links below) with a couple of coats of gesso, then got out the texture paste and added some texture with the new squares stencil which you can see on the left side of the picture.  Once that was dry I glued on the softboard dots in a few places (just cut them up randomly)

bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media1

Then I die cut some of the circles (bottom left) – I think they look like bubbles Open-mouthed smile, glued two together to give a deeper look then glued them in place.  I also glued on the ships wheel and compass charms and the mini bottle tops and glued some twine to give a swirly look.  Once this was all dry I coated everything again in a couple of coats of gesso.

bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media2

Then I spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang mists (love love love that stuff!!) and once dry glued the alphabet pieces in place and finished off with some sea shells and a bit of stamping to give the effect of stitching.  And …. job done.  My daughter claimed this before it was even dry lol.

bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media3

A really quick and easy project Smile


17 comments:

  1. Fantastic, so unique, love the added extras and texture. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that is stunning Bev, love the puzzle piece, great idea, all the added texture is gorgeous.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous mixed media project, great photo and detail -love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning love the mixed media effect Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bev,
    I Just So Love "The Noor Design " Puzzle Piece, Beautiful Colour Palette You've Used, I Love How You've Added The Circles, Fabulous Shells, The Bottle Tops Look Outstanding With The Letters Placed Inside, Also The Wonderful Compass Charm.
    Fabulous Ships Wheel Is The Photograph Of "Your Grandchildren" I Can So Understand Why Your Daughter Wanted This Outstanding Piece Of Mixed Media, It's So Very Beautiful I Love The Colours Everything.
    I Love The Faux Stiching It's Just So Very Beautiful, Bev Thank You So Very Much For Sharing This With Us I Really Appreciate It.
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is just gorgeous Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love it....think I need to think about getting my hands dirty and inky and giving it a try!!!
    Don't expect it to look like yours but fancy a try x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Bev..wonderful mixed media project..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment on my Noor entry on my blog. I have had a lot of fun playing with those stamps and for you to say you liked it - means a lot - thanks! I'm off to look at the Noor shop next - love your gorgeous puzzle piece and I didn't know that Noor sold these supplies. That is one gorgeous piece, love the texture and colours, the Lindy's sprays are on my wish list too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea - love this puzzle piece!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful just an amazing design its fabulous you are so clever love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Niesamowita, piękna, pomysłowa, podziwiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever. Love the bottle caps. Fab multi media piece. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work! I love also work puzzle pieces! Beautiful all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the texture on this project just makes you want to reach in the screen and touch it ! Think your daughter is very blessed to have such a talented mum, does she have your creative genes ? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous design ,love this ,love the colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails