Friday, 31 July 2015

A Pink Noel

I had a scrap of muslin on my desk that kept shouting of my to either use it or put it away, so I had a play and came up with this flower.  I love the soft, wispy look I managed to get, perfect for wintry Christmas cards.

bev-rochester-noel-handmade-muslin-flower

The flower was a doddle to make, I just adhered scraps of the muslin (that I frayed a bit) onto a 1” punched circle of card, I did this 3 times, using smaller scraps on each layer then finished off with a glizty bling spacer and button.  The chippie is from a Dovecraft (or is it Papermania?) set that I got from The Range.  I painted it with white gesso then coated in Distress Glitter.

The little white fabric blossoms are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I love the ethereal look of these flowers and are the perfect touch for the icy look I was going for with this card.  The silver pearls are also from The Range, I think they are from the new Forever Friends range.

bev-rochester-noel-handmade-muslin-flower3

A better perspective of the depth of the flower.

bev-rochester-noel-handmade-muslin-flower2

Man!  I LOVE how this card turned out.  Uber quick and easy so perfect if a lot are needed in a hurry.

bev-rochester-noel-handmade-muslin-flower1

13 comments:

  1. a stunning card and simple to make, love all the flowers
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and an amazing flower so delicate and pretty, love all the other embellies too, hope your weekend is a good one take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Bev
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Bev. The pink & white look lovely together.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card, love the paper and gorgeous handmade flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Super elegant and classy card Bev - just love it!
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev
    You've Done It Once Again, Created A True Masterpiece I Just Love The Soft Colour Palette You've Used, It's Just Stunning, I Love How You've Created Your Beautiful Flower Made From Muslin, I Just Love All Wild Orchid Products, It Looks Like White Frosted Berries Also, I Just Love The Fabulous Leaves.
    Bev I've Just Received A Few Items I Ordered From Yourself And Can I Say They Are Truly Spectacular, And Better In Real Life Excuse The Pun, I Didn't Want The Cards For Anyone I Just Wanted To See If I Could Learn From Your Colouring Techniques, As For Me Your Work Is Luxurious, Rich, And Very Opulent, On One Of The Cards You've Coloured Her So Extremely Well She Actually Looks Like She's Moving, The Way The Shading Is Beautiful Hair, They Are Shipped Out Exceptionally Well In Boxes And Bubbleswrap, So If Your Thinking Of Purchashing From Bev's Etsy Shop Don't Think Twice You'll Just Be Bowled Over By Her Work.
    Take Great Care Bev
    Love And Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is outstanding and such a stunning card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply GORGEOUS! I love the soft pink color and the beautiful whispy white flower. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful the flower is so pretty a great idea it looks fabulous The design is gorgeous and lovely Embellishments Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunner. I love it and how you've made something so attractive out of the unusual.( I'm referring to the flower) Think I need to be looking at embellishments in a different light!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us. Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've never failed to produce gorgeous cards that just dazzle with personality. Love your work! Making a wispy flower with muslin is a genius at work. Am always waiting to see what you'll be making next. Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Bev! Love that muslin flower and the gorgeous doily behind it. Beautiful in pink too. Love it. Hugs, Wends xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails