Sunday, 28 June 2015

Joy, Peace, Hope

I’ve been playing with some mixed media again, man I’m loving getting messy! Apologies that the photo is a bit skew-whiff, the project is rather large so I struggled to get it all in one shot (and straight too lol).  Hopefully I’ve done the post right so clicking on the photos should open them up larger for easier viewing.

bev-rochester-noor-heart-joy-peace-hope-plaque

This is another of those fabulous MDF sets from Noor Design.  I love how they take the paint and inks.

Right, so on to the close ups.  The sentiments are from a chipboard set I found in my stash, I can’t even remember buying them so have no idea where I got them from or how long I have had them.  Buried under all the flowers is a plastic snowflake ornament, and under that is the texture given by embossing with a snowflake stencil and also some die cut doilies (links at the end of the post).  I also added some metal snowflake charms for extra texture and can’t forget the angel wings (top right).  That mould I got off eBay is going to be one of my best purchases ever I think.  Once I had inked and sprayed I went around the edges, on the bells and also the angel wings with silver wax (Inka Gold by Viva).  The mini cones I picked up whilst out walking my doggies, just gave them a couple of coats of gesso same as the flowers.  I also blinged up the flowers and cones with Distress Glitter, don’t think it’s showing up very well though.

The inks are a mix of Lindy’s Stamp Gang, Tattered Angels and my own mix using distress re-inkers and mica pearls (these worked a treat)

I joined the hearts using little mini album rings – that was a eureka moment I can tell you lol.

bev-rochester-noor-heart-joy-peace-hope-plaque1

The middle heart.  Again I used one of those snowflake tree ornaments under the flowers.

bev-rochester-noor-heart-joy-peace-hope-plaque2

No room on the little heart for the snowflake ornament, it would have swamped it.

bev-rochester-noor-heart-joy-peace-hope-plaque3

I think you can see the wings on the top heart better in this shot.

bev-rochester-noor-heart-joy-peace-hope-plaque4

I can safely say that I am addicted to Mixed Media Open-mouthed smile

Products used:
Noor Design:
MDF Essential Hearts
8 Point Die 
 Structure Paste
White Gesso
Ice Stars stencil

Wild Orchid Crafts:
Trellis Rose
25mm Wild Rose
Open Roses
Lilies
Hip Rose Buds
Pearl and bead berry spray 
Seam Binding 

29 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing piece. Wonderful colour choice.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its absolutely gorgeous Bev!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this has turned out. I'm going to stock the Marion Smith starter paint set. You can get 30 colours from it. If you want one I let me know. I will be placing the order next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours, design and beautiful embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful this is just amazing you are so talented this is just perfect love and hugs Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking fab Bev and I'm so pleased that you are another mixed media addict...welcome to the club ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Bev. I love the icy blues. Chrisitne

    ReplyDelete
  9. truly gorgeous! this would be a delight to have on the wall.... so many beautiful elements have been added. thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! This is stunning Bev :) My favourite colour too
    Fabulous inspiration,
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! this is gorgeous Bev... love the aqua and the beautiful shimmer!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors! The flowers are gorgeous. Love the wintry sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My this is stunning! I might have to case this one for my decoration stash! Thanks for sharing Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Bev..gorgeous colours and love the textures and details...fabulous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely stunning, I just love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bev, it's so wonderful to see you posting regularly again & sharing your amazing talent ... This is an amazing work of art & will look beautiful on the wall. LOVE the colors & sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you turned the hearts in such a beautiful hanging ornament Bev. Just right for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful project so many fab details lovely colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely, lovely project.
    Di B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. C'est tout simplement Magnifique !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunningly beautiful Bev! There's so many gorgeous details to look at and the colours are lovely. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is just so much detail to look at here Bev, it is absolutely stunning! Love the colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous work, Bev, it shows that you enjoyed it in how beautiful it is! Look forward to more "messy" creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails