Sunday, 14 June 2015

Dream

I had a play with some mixed media during the week, and had a total blast.  I was a bit intimidated at first, me no likey a mess!  So it’s still very neat and Bev-like, but that’s as messy as I get.

I started off with a round mdf plaque which I coated in gesso, then added some dry wall tape in patches and also did some stencilling for extra texture.  I die cut some doilies but then went and mostly covered them up.  I painted all the embellishments, including the flowers, with white gesso before sticking them in place with hot glue.  I misted with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls (OMG this set is beyond sublime!!).  THEN …… I decide it needs something else so attack it with stamps.  Eek, this terrified the life out of me I can tell you.  But I’m so glad I braved it, it really did add that little extra sumthin’ that it needed.

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque

LOVE those wings!!  I bought a mould off eBay for a couple of quid and used Martha Stewart clay.  Once dry I coated with gesso then when stuck in place and the misting was done I went over them (and the little clock, cherub, key and heart buttons) with twinkling H2O’s and gold acrylic paint

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque2

The DREAM sentiment is a die – I die cut it four times, glued together then coated in gesso.  It looks just like a chipboard sentiment – well impressed Smile

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque3

Totally love the colours – so soft and pretty.

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque4

I really really loved playing making this little plaque, I think I’m addicted to mixed media now

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque1

Dream large word die from Whimsy Stamps 

006-MDF Essential circle plaqueNoor Design
Mask Art Stripes & DotsNoor Design

Products from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Mixed pink wild roses QVR-025
Mixed pink tea roses QVR-041
Pink/white cosmos daisies MKX-122
Pink tone open roses MKX-661
Large white/pink orchids MKX-556
White vintage seam binding MKX-472 
White leaves MKX-448
Mixed clocks and time metal embellishments GST-158
White cabachon angels MKX-189
Heart shape flat back embellishments GST-029

20 comments:

  1. what a stunning plaque in those soft colours, I love the wings as well
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the other side Bev......mixed media sucked me nearly 2 years ago. ....it's so creative and I adore playing. Your plaque is brilliant. ....you should try Tom's tags as cards....I really love to challenge his great ideas. Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek predictive text....Tim not Tom....lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! this is absolutely beautiful, love the background and all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning...and this is your first mixed media???...very promising!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and beautiful plaque Bev gorgeous colour's and design
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing project, your a very talented lady and it never looks like it's the first time you've done something they always look so perfect beautiful colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev this is truly fabulous the colours are so beautiful and its taken me ages to take it all in its perfect you are a very clever lady Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo what a fabulous piece, great design. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it looks beautiful! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is beaut. I might just give all this a go, although yours is stunning, mine will probably be a mixed mess!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Bev. Love this gorgeous shabby chic design. All the right touches as usual. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  13. bonjour, très jolie créa toute en douceur ; bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what can I say just stunning Debbs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, a really swet mix media work

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! It's just a dream!!
    So lovely....
    Greetings,
    Elfje

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails