Sunday, 10 May 2015

Summer Sweetness

I am so fed up with all this rain, I needed a summery pick me up and what better than Little Sun Kissed Summer Sweetness from Whimsy Stamps?  Bright and cheerful with a touch of vintage.  I’ve had these papers for a while now and wasn’t feeling them ….. till I started pulling out delish flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and I was set.

bev-rochester-little-Sunkissed-Summer-Sweetness1-1

Coloured with copic markers, I used:

Skin – E11, 00, 000, 0000 R20
Hair – E55, 53, 51, 50
Turquoise - BG15, 13, 11, 10
Red - R35, 24, 14
Watermelon - G45, 43, 20; R24, 22, 20
Stool: E79, 74, 70
Kitten – C5, 3, 1, 0

bev-rochester-little-Sunkissed-Summer-Sweetness1-2

I gave the seam binding a good old scrunch to add to the vintage feel.  The pearl brad I picked up at Hobbycraft, 12 for £2 (I think) – a bargain for sure.  The key I got from Ebay, I bought like a hundred of them ….. what I’m going to do with that many is anyone’s guess lol.

bev-rochester-little-Sunkissed-Summer-Sweetness1-3

And the goodies from WOC that I used are:

Mixed pastel magnolias QVR-029
White wild roses (30mm) QVR-014
White open roses 10mm MKX-013
Mixed red & white sweetheart blossoms MKX-638
Mixed pastel apple blossoms MKX-469
White rose buds 8mm GST-003
Mixed blue/aqua self adhesive pearls MKX-320
Vintage seam binding Bay Leaf MKX-488

Back Tuesday with another card and keep and eye out for more candy, I still have loads to give away Smile

21 comments:

  1. Wonderfully cheerful card! The colours are lovely of this sweet image, flowers and paper. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Bev, Your card is stunning, fabulous colours and so very bright and summery. I am "littlebee" your stamps candy winner, and am thrilled to have been picked out, thank you. I have e.mailed you my details but the link on your page didn't work for me so I copied your e.mail address and pasted into my aol account and sent it that way, hope it reaches you. Have a wonderful Sunday and take care. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and beautiful card Bev
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Beautifully colored and embellished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet. Nice stamp and colouring.

    Hugs, Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks so gorgeous Bev! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous design and a beautifully coloured card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Watermelon always makes me happy on a hot summer day. Great coloring and I love your embellishments! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bev, I always love your cards. I have bought so many embellishments, ribbons and flowers and I have never used them. Everytime I do a card the mosr I add is gems. I look at your creations and I just cant get there so have to content myself with looking and wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bev, hope your health is behaving hin. Love the card, so much detail and brilliant colours fantastic colouring and design, you are one talented lady. Hugs Marjorie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous i jut love your card the flowers and image are just so pretty and I love the fab colours and design perfect Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bev,
    Like Yourself I'm Tired Of All The Horrible Rain!!!!
    But Your Magnificent Card Really Cheers Me Up I Truly Love This Fabulous Image And I Love How You Use Your Embellishments Without Being Over The Top, I Have Some Of Those Stunning Flowers From "Wild Orchid" They Have A Great Selection.
    As Always I Truly Love Your "Outstanding Colouring And Shading" It Is Always Just So Perfect.
    Take Great Care
    Love And Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card - love how you have picked out some of the flowers to match the colour of the watermelon - really makes it pop! Fab design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    Love your card, it certainly says 'summer'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card just what we need to cheer us up whilst the weather is so unpredictable xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a happy and fun card. Definitely brings out the summer :-)
    Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such wonderful bright colours Bev and love your sweet image and colouring...gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello it is thanks to a very kind Sam Smithard that I have discovered your site and wow it is wonderful I totally agree about the weather but your card and your blog is like a breathe of warm fresh air, wonderful.
    Hugs
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your beautiful colouring and those gorgeous blooms just bring these papers to life Bev! I LOVE what you've done with this card. Gorgeous image too. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails