Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Feathered Friend

bev-rochester-noor-book-template

Something different today, I’ve used one of the new Shape Art templates from Noor! Design for my card. Do you remember those Bookatrix boards we all went crazy for years ago?  Geez I wore mine out lol.  This new template is so much quicker and easier to use that’s for sure.

The paper is one sided so I inked the corner backs before distressing and curling them.  I didn’t glitter the edges until the page was adhered in place.

bev-rochester-noor-book-template3

LOVE this gorgeous butterfly which is from the Open Heart die.  It’s a good size and looks so pretty doubled up and finished off with pearls.  The wild curly rose started it’s life out white, so I spritzed it with diluted peach re-inker to get the colour to match the rest of the roses.

 

bev-rochester-noor-book-template2

And my little feathered friend.  I was a bit worried that using an oval die would lose some of the detail of the picture, but actually I think it enhances the little robin.

bev-rochester-noor-book-template1

I’ll be back in a couple of days with yet more candy Smile

Wild Orchid Crafts products used:
Mixed red/white curly wild roses MKX-672
Mixed orange/peach open roses MKX-073 (15mm)
Tuscany rosebuds MKX-620 (LOVE THESE!!)
Deep ivory gypsophila flowers GST-228
White wild roses QVR-014
White daffodils MKX-383


11 comments:

  1. Stunning card Bev, these bookatrix cards seem to be making a come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Bev, I never got into the book of trix but there were some stunners, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bev this is amazing so pretty and I must get this template its fabulous a wonderful card and design Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Very delicate work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Bev,,just gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just been sorting my craft out today and I came across a book a trix and serveral of the other boards put them to one side not knowing wether I would use them again and here I am checking out your blog and it looks like the shaped cards are obviously coming back around again but maybe I ought to try the noor template instead if it's easier to use as I must admit I did sometimes get a bit frustrated with the boards lol beautiful card I love the sweet robin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I miss robins! They used to come and sit on our back balcony in London. Such sweet creatures. Love your beautiful design and the butterfly and Noor frame are gorgeous! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails