Sunday, 18 January 2015

Wee Polly

Phew!  What a week this has been.  Our Penny took very poorly with pyometra and had to have an emergency spey.  She’s on the mend now, we are so very lucky because we nearly lost her.  A £750 vet bill was so not welcome a few weeks after Christmas though.  I haven’t transferred my photo’s to the new computer yet but here’s the little madam herself taken several years ago when she was still a pup.  Yep, that’s her – “Top of the heap” lol.

060405-top-of-the-heap-2

So, with all the vet drama I didn’t a chance to get in my craft room till this afternoon.  I thoroughly enjoyed having a play!  I have had this stamp since September and have only managed to get it inked today.  My bad.

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-polly

The paper is exquisite but naturally I had to cover the blessed thing up with as many embellies as possible lol.  The little thread spool was a find from The Works, a pack for a quid …. bargain.  I just wrapped some paper string around it and hit it with the old gesso.

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-polly1

Copic markers were used, I didn’t bother with pencils for this one.  I used:

Hair: E40, 50, 42, 44, Y21 then went back down to the lightest colour to blend slightly
Skin: E13, 11, 00, 000, R20
Clothes: BG75 (my own mix of 75 and 72 that I have called BG73 Smile with tongue out) BG70, W3, 1, 0, 00; E47, 44, 43

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-polly2

Lots of Wild Orchid Crafts deliciousness on this one (product list at end of post)

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-polly3

And a peek at the inside – ugh the photos are so dark, roll on light nights!!

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-polly4

And that’s it from me today, have a good week

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

PRODUCTS USED:

Whimsy Stamps POLLY
Wild Orchid Crafts:
MKX-458 ORGANZA ROSE TRIM
MKX-499 SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS
GST-055 FOREVER CORNER ORNAMENTS CUTOUTS
MKX-117 OFF-WHITE CHRYSANTHEMUMS
MKX-205 CURLY WILD ROSES CREAM (I spritzed mine with a walnut mist)
MKX-125 MIXED BROWN/WHITE COSMOS DAISIES
MKX-013 WHITE OPEN ROSES 15MM AND 20MM
GST-003 WHITE ROSEBUDS 4MM
MKX-336 WHITE SWEETHEART BLOSSOMS

PRIMA DOILY DIE
DOOHICKEY SWIRL DIE
FISKARS ROSE GARDEN DESIGNER PAPER

19 comments:

  1. WOOOOOW, die Karte ist ein Traum, soooooooooooooooo schön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card here Bev, very well made in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card again! So beautiful colors and embellies! Good luck to your Penny.
    Hugs from MinnaL with two westies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev so pleased Penny o.k.now.
    Love your cards. Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Penny, glad she is on the mend, and hope you mend just as quick with that bill!! This card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bev and glad Penny is ok.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card,love all the embellishments and fab image

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev first of all I'm thrilled to hear that Penny is on the mend, Veterinary Bills are so expensive but I know you Love your dogs as much as I Love mine!
    I Love the Awesome Card your so talented.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch that was a big Vet bill but as long as Penny is on the mend bless her. Fabulous card and embellishments Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card as always. Love the muted colours. Glad to know penny is on the mend. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous awesome card!! And your pups are pretty darn cute also!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, so sweet and love your layout,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's beautiful Bev - love all the embellies. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card such a sweet image and the embellies are fab as always, hope penny is doing ok and hope your recovering from the shock of the vets bill too ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear about your Penny being ill but really glad to hear that she's on the mend - she's absolutely beautiful!
    Love your card as always, I could look at your gorgeous embellishments all day! Such an elegant colour scheme too.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry to hear about your Penny being ill, so glad she is doing better. Your card is stunning, inside and out. Beautiful design and wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful Bev. Love the lush dark papers and all the gesso touches. That cotton reel is fab too. Such a sweet image. I was sad to just miss out on the latest images before Sylvia shut her digital shop, looks like I'll have to buy some rubber! Hope your wee doggy is feeling better again. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails