Thursday, 1 January 2015

Sarah Kay Sofia Wishes

Happy New Year to you all!  I hope 2015 is going to be a heck of a lot better than 2014 (um I think I said more or less these same words last year??).  We had a very quiet one and were asleep before the clocks hit midnight.  So, because I went to bed so early I was up before the birds this morning and decided to go through some of my stamps.  I hit the Sarah Kay box first and well, you know how it goes, next thing I was printing off papers and making a card.  I think I am allergic to sorting out ha!

The stamp I used is Sofia Wishes.  And my wish is that Stampavie would start doing Sarah Kay stamps again, I miss them soooooo much.

bev-rochester-sofia-wishes-burlap

I discovered a digi paper designer on Etsy and I fell in love.  This burlap paper is just simply sublime.  I didn’t even bother to print the files from Photoshop, I just dragged the file into Word and job’s a winner.  I’ll list the products and links at the end of the post for those interested.

bev-rochester-sofia-wishes-burlap1

Loving the chipboard sentiment, it was a dark chipboard colour when I started out, I just sponged some white gesso on then drew in the sentiment and scroll with a pencil once dried.

bev-rochester-sofia-wishes-burlap2

Ah, I nearly forgot to list the copic colours

Skin: E13, 11, 00, 000, R20
Hair: E25, 53
Apron/Hat: E42, 41, 40, W00
Dress/Shoes: B95, 93, 91, C5 then over with the B91 again
Background: BV20, BG70, 000, 0000

 

Products used:
Stamp: Sofia Wishes (you might find one on Ebay somewhere if you’re lucky)
Paper: Grepic Burlap Lace & Denim
Wild Orchid Crafts products used:
Trellis Rose
Open Roses 20mm, 10mm
Sweetheart Blossoms
Tulips
Cosmos Daisy 
Bead Berry Spray
Fullness of Summer cut out
Word Tags cut out set
Pearls 

32 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful I love her images Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2015 to you Bev! This Sarah Kay card is gorgeous! I love Sarah Kay and I love the blue-brown combination. And you did a fantastic job! Gorgeous!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too!! Beautiful Card... Perfect Coloring!! and in blue... So Beautiful!! Lovely Design and The Flower arrangements are Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Stunning card, such a gorgeous image and your colouring is awesome as usual! The paper is fab and the flowers just lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image & also wish Sarah Kay would come back, beautiful colours Annx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful is your card Bev Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and beautiful card Bev and Happy New Year
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Bev, xxxx

    Happy New Year, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! And what a beautiful image! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card here again Bev.
    And a very Happy new Year to you and yours too. Hope this year will be the best year ever to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card hun and such a lovely colour scheme :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card & yes, I do love the Sarah kay stamps. I do hope 2015 is a good one for you, particularly health -wise! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ich wünsche Euch alles Gute für das neue Jahr, viel Gesundheit und Zeit für die schönen Dinge im Leben.
    Liebe Grüße Elfenkind Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Bev just a lovely image to start the new year , happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Bev, adorable image and love the colours.
    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bev
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    What a stunning Card I agree with you I wish Sarah Kay would bring back Stampavie stamps they are delightful and I Love to use them I Love the Colours that you've used you are a extremely talented lady and your Cards are Awesome.
    Take Great Care
    Love and Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waw this looks so stunning Bev! wishing you a creative new year! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Love the image and the background paper, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Bev - that burlap paper is super.
    Wishing you a very Happy & Healthy 2015.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, love the image and design x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Przepiękna kartka.Pozdrawiam i życzę Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card Bev, that paper is gorgeous and so is that sweet Sarah Kay image. I was so pleased to find a few Sarah Kays still at MaddyLisa crafts. You have to search for them in the search box, but quite a few come up if you're still wanting a few. (http://www.maddylisacrafts.co.uk/) I really do hope 2015 is a better year for you Bev. You've had such a tough run. I hope you're feeling much better than you were this time last year. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I forgot to say... I am having a little 'one off' challenge on my blog - Top 12 of 2014. Love you to come join in the fun and I have a lil' blog candy prize. http://craftykiwimama.blogspot.co.nz/2015/01/happy-new-year.html. You're always so awesome to us all. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year Bev! I hope 2015 brings you better times, good health and lots of happiness. Your card is such a gorgeous start to the year - I love your colour scheme and beautiful image.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous, loving the new papers. Happy New Year to you Bev, hope its a healthy one for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I too miss Stampavie! Wonder why they closed! Hoping you have a healthy and happy 2015. Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just divine its fabulous that paper is amazing love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Bev. You don't have to find strictly '12' cards hun, just your fav's from the past year. Big hugs, Wends xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just so gorgeous! Love the cute image and all those fabulous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is soooo pretty! Wonderful colours!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails