Saturday, 31 January 2015

Happy Anniversary

Sorry I’ve been MIA, boiler problems meant spending all of last weekend fighting with British Gas, and it’s STILL not sorted – I’m so not impressed.  So whilst I was sat here this morning waiting for the engineer yet again, I made a real quick card.  I really love the Cut Outs from Wild Orchid Crafts, they add so much to a card and are so pretty too.  I layered up a couple for extra dimension after painting with gesso and inking the edges in milled lavender.

bev-rochester-happy-anniversary

 

The flowers have been dabbed with white gesso

 

bev-rochester-happy-anniversary1

 

I pleated and stitched the ribbon.  Tip, I ran a strip of Scor-Tape along the back of the ribbon to hold the pleats in place until I could run it through the sewing machine.  It worked a treat and didn’t gum up the needle either like I thought it would.

 

bev-rochester-happy-anniversary2

PRODUCTS USED from Wild Orchid Crafts:
SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS MKX-499
50 MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER MAGNOLIAS QVR-029
20 MIXED PURPLE/LILAC TONE MULBERRY PAPER TRELLIS ROSES MKX-094
40 MIXED PURPLE/LILAC TONE OPEN ROSES 15MM MKX-662
LILAC MULBERRY PAPER ROSEBUDS 6mm GST-011
50 MIXED COLOUR MINIATURE GARDENIA FLOWERS MKX-198
BACK TO VINTAGE OVAL CUTOUT SET GST-031

OTHER PRODUCTS ARE SPELLBINDERS BRACKET BORDERS, TAFETTA RIBBON FROM THE RIBBON GIRL AND LEAVES ARE A CHEERY LYNN DESIGNS DIE.

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

15 comments:

  1. Hope you get your boiler problems sorted soon,what a nightmare for you. Such a beautiful card dearie, gorgeous effects too.hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev this is absolutely stunning I love the colours and your embellishments.
    and the design is wonderful. xxx

    Debs xx

    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Bev, so much detail, I love it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev,
    I hope your well, Your Card as always is Extremley Beautiful, Awesome in fact!
    Your Cards are such a Masterpiece Thank You so very much for sharing.
    Take Great Care
    Love and Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev your card is gorgoeus! I love the colors that you chose, so soft and elegant and of course all of the details! the flowers and the extra details to them as well are just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Hope things get resolved for you soon, it sounds like your boiler issues have been a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous, design and colours are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card really pretty, hope you get sorted soon with your boiler these things always seem to happen just when we need them the most take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Bev love flowers on a card. Hope you are sorted with your boiler now as its too cold to be without.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bev, just blew me away with this card - it's perfect! Hope that Penny is well on the mend :)

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and all the layering you do on your cards. Hope your problem with the heat is solved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful work.
    wonderfully made
    and is beautifully presented

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pain about the boiler chick, hope it's sorted really soon. Glad you found a moment to pull this gorgeous card together though! Love the gorgeous colours you've used. The papers are fab and those blooms are lush, love the softness the touch of gesso gives them. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful card!
    I have just started scrapping, and I have a lot to learn, I see. :)
    You are very talented.

    Blessing from Bente in Norway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails