Thursday, 18 December 2014

Noel

Long time no post!  This is such a busy time of the year, isn’t it?.  I really don’t know what happened to the first half of December, I blinked and it was done. 
Anyway, one of the things that has kept me busy is that I decided to make some ornaments for the tree, and whilst out shopping for bits and bobs I picked up a Noel ornament from The Range for under £5.  It looked a bit bleurgh so I decided to tart it up.  I freaking love how it turned out.

bev-rochester-altered-noel-ornament

I am in a purple period just now, I am purpling ev-ree-thing lol.  Here’s some close ups.  First I pulled the peg off the back of the snowflake, painted and glittered they glued on a couple of bells

bev-rochester-altered-noel-ornament1

Delish flowers and berries (links at the end of the post).  I painted the reindeer then over-stamped with a text stamp and Walnut Stain ink then edged with WS ink and gold glitter

bev-rochester-altered-noel-ornament2

I tied the bells with waxed cord (love this stuff).  Leaves are from a Tim Holtz Thinlits die set

 

bev-rochester-altered-noel-ornament3

I decided to leave the ornament the greyish colour it was so the white would pop.  I made snow using Liquitex modelling paste which I mixed with white gesso to thin the consistency a bit.  Once dry I coated with white tacky glue then went crazy with glamour dust, crushed glass (Twinklets) and Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels.

bev-rochester-altered-noel-ornament4

Did I say I loved how this turned out???  That’s what I love about Wild Orchid Crafts, the colour selections in the flowers are just sublime!

Goodies used from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Wooden snowflakes with peg
50 miniature gold decorative bells
6 Wooden die-cut reindeers
20 mixed purple.lilac mulberry tea roses 40mm
50 mixed colour mulberry tea roses 1” (25mm)
Single colour open roses  20mm, 15mm and 10mm

 

I’ll be back around this time tomorrow with a card.

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

19 comments:

  1. not surprised your pleased, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Bev, have a great Christmas and all the best for The New Year.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you Bev, and what a gorgeous makeover love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing Bev !!! You inspire me to try & create one of these gorgeous words ... It just blows me away how you can take something so plain & simple & turn it into a masterpiece ... Happy Holidays to you & your family & hope this finds you well.
    hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Bev, you knocked this out of the park....waaaay out. This is absolutely STUNNING!!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makeover! I love your Christmas ornaments. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Bev, this is soo gorgeous. You sure did make it look absolut amazing. I just freeking love it too, that´s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely amazing Bev x both you and the ornament, hope you and yours have a happy Christmas, Best wishes
    Donna M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS work Bev! Love it.

    Merry Christmas

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful amazing project Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is freaking amazing! Love your purple and all the glitz! You've outdone yourself, but you taught me a new phrase, "tart it up." Love to read your descriptions. Merry Christmas Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out so beautiful. Was worth your time and energy to do it. Love the result. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I just really, really love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so Beautiful!!! Gorgeous with the snow glitter.. Stunning Embellished.. A Beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous just love all the details and a perfect amount of sparkle no wonder your so pleased with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! I'm always inspired when I visit your blog but this is on a whole new level! Absolutely stunning details and such gorgeous colours and sparkle!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is soooo pretty! Such an amazing project! Loooove all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails