Friday, 19 December 2014

A friendship hop for a special lady

sem hop badge  resized

Today the Whimsy DT members are hosting a  friendship hop in honour of a special member of the Whimsy Stamps family, Simonne Clay. Simonne has been a fixture here at Whimsy for many years and we all just wanted to show our appreciation for all that she does for each of us and for sharing her amazing talent as an illustrator.  She’s also my “go-to”girlie, I am always getting hop posting times and details wrong and our Simonne keeps me on the straight and narrow.

So, for this special lady I decided to make a card featuring one of her fab-u-las stamp sets.  OMW I really do love this
Chalkboards 2 stamp set

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-sim-hop

A close-up of the gorgeous sentiment

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-sim-hop3

And a closer look at the flower  and die cut details.  The flowers I used are 40mm Trellis Rose, 25mm wild rose, cherry blossoms, chrysanthemum, open roses 20mm and 15mm.  Isn’t that background wall cut out die-cut just the bizz??  I dabbed it with a bit of white gesso before gluing in place, then popping the flowers on top.   I chopped up bits of 4mm white pearl string trim and glued in place in-between the flowers.  Love the look it gives.

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-sim-hop2

I finished off with a butterfly and corner from the 10 mixed metal embellishments pack after dabbing with a bit of white gesso and job done.

Here’s the links to the Whimsy DT members that are taking part in the hop

Whimsy Blog
Alanna Moses
Debbie Eastman
Ellie Stover
Amy Kolling
Iris Wiechmann
Danni Bindel
Heather Pulvirenti
Jen Carter
Louise Roache
Shannah Bartle
Shelby Thomas
Becky Carafa
Bev Rochester (that’s me!)
Deb Routledge
Crissy Armstrong
Denise Lynn

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

18 comments:

  1. Wow! You ladies have created some fabulous cards to celebrate Simonne! Awesome! Love this card. Thanks for a chance to win free Whimsy prizes. Happy Holidays. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is absolutely gorgeous card - I like this sentiment soooo much, and with all that flowers and backround papers it looks magically

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and romantic card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card what a very pretty deign so lovely love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and vintage looking. Wonderful card.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to have this special blog hop for Simonne.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the sentiment and stunning detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card Bev - love the soft colours and lovely design
    ps your blog (may or seems to have) some problem? - my antivirus keeps issuing a warning about dangerous activity (says -whoa do you really want t go there!!) - just thought I'd mention it hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful and elegant Bev, I love the sentiment and those roses are gorgeous. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMW Bev this is STUNNING!!! I do love this!
    Hugs and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so Beautiful!!!!.. Love the Colors.. Design and the cut out wall is stunning !! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, what a dreamy card. LOVE IT. This is perfect keep sake for your friend. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beautiful flowers for an amazing illustrator. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Bev, this is STUNNING! Such beautiful colours, and you have showcased that stamp so wonderfully. Thank you so very much for all your support and encouragement, my friend. I don't want to say too much more as I will start blubbing, but just know how much I appreciate this and you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful texture and dimension on this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails