Monday, 24 November 2014

I {heart} Christmas

I had a play with something different for a very special friend who I think is the biggest fan of Christmas on this planet.  Seriously!  She has thousands of ornaments from all over the world so I wanted to make her something that I know she won’t already have.

bev-rochester-joy-heart-ornament1

 

Lots of delicious Wild Orchid Crafts products were used: Trellis Rose, Cottage Rose, Open Roses 15mm and 20mm, white cabochon angel, gold bells, white stamens.  I dabbed white paint on to the flowers using a small piece of sponge (much more controlled than using a paintbrush) then once dry slathered on Mercury Glass Stickles.

bev-rochester-joy-heart-ornament2

 

The edges were painted with gold paint before I adhered the paper on then once dry the edges were inked and glittered.

 

bev-rochester-joy-heart-ornament3

 

My lovely hubby bent some brass tubing into ‘S’ shapes so I could join the hearts together

 

bev-rochester-joy-heart-ornament4

 

I bought the hearts from my local craft shop but I would think you could cut them quite easily from chipboard or mount board.  I covered the front and back of each heart with Bo Bunny paper.

 

bev-rochester-joy-heart-ornament5

I had such fun making this and it only took a couple of hours to do.

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

21 comments:

  1. WOW such a gorgeous project...your friend is so lucky to get such a unique and gorgeous creation. Especially loved the colors
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning and I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so amazing and beautiful Bev, I simply LOVE, what you´ve done with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous and beautiful Bev
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous !! and I'm sure she will appreciate it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Bev. Love the beautiful colour scheme and embellishments. I am sure she will be thrilled.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what an amazing project - just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely.....what a super gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev,
    I hope your well,
    This is Fabulous and your Friend is Extremely Lucky to receive this Beautiful item.
    Have a Great Christmas Yourself.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning hanger and wonderful gift Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Christmas ornament just delightful Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bev, what a beautiful creation. Your friend is so blessed to have you for a friend. thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Marjorie S. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! Love the colors, gorgeous flowers and the idea altogether! Totally beautiful creation. Your friend is so lucky! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly gorgeous Bev, love everything you've done here, what a wonderful gift, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Bev that's only E-X-Q-U-I-S-I-T-E. Lucky, lucky friend! WOW!

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! What a perfect creation, I love all those beautiful embellishments.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning Bev.. Truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails