Sunday, 21 September 2014

Chalkboards

Good grief!  Three cards in one week from me (AND I have another one ready to post tomorrow), I must be feeling better lol.  Not quite …. but all the tests are done and now I am just waiting for a call back from the cardiologist.  Things are creeping along very slowly. 

I’m off work this week and next and was whiling away the hours on Pinterest and kinda got inspired to play yesterday.  This is what I came up with using the sublime new Christmas Chalkboards 1 sentiment stamps designed by Simonne Clay.  Shoo, that girl is ace at sentiments.

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-christmas

I used some Wild Orchid Crafts goodies to embellish.  See, even though (for me) this is a trendy card I still managed to frou-frou it up HA!  I seperated the poinsettia and misted with pearl spray, allowed to dry and then reassembled and finished it off with one of these delish flatback pearls in a diamond circle.  I love that the charcoal grey pops off the white flower and also ties in with the chalkboard sentiment.  I heat embossed a wooden reindeer, added a couple of bells and a small metal corner and job done.  I think this set will be getting heaps of use this year.

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-christmas2

These stamps make for really quick and easy cards, that’s for sure.  I stamped the sentiment onto black card using Versamark ink, heat embossed with white embossing powder and layered it up.  The Papermania papers are from last year, or was it the year before?  All I know is a bought quite a few packs ….. I love red and white for Christmas.

bev-rochester-whimsy-chalkboards-christmas1

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and sentiment Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card really lovely sentiment, my fave Xmas colours as well, look forward to your post tomorrow big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifl card and the sentiment is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Bev, Christmas is coming up so quickly, they say the older you get the faster time goes, for me it seems to be true!! Glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Glad you are feeling somewhat better. Hope you get news on your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely Christmas card Bev.
    Glad to hear your tests are complete and to see you crafting again X

    Hugs Sally X
    Sallysbitz2.blogspot.Co. uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous, I love everything about it, even the insert xx
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous - what a beautiful sentiment and I love the papers!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Bev - love the chalkboard style.......just had to go and buy the stamps (!!!) 😊 Glad you're feeling a bit better.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh so pretty! I am IN LOVE with the Chalkboard Sentiments Set!! I love the metal corner and your embossed reindeer too!! One of mu favorite cards of the Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh that's gorgeous Bev. I've just used papers from that same range for a couple of makes this week, so it was funny to see you had too! I still recall the gorgeous Saturated Canary Candy Canes card you made with these papers, which was what inspired me to buy them in the first place! Funny how things stick with you. I loved that card. Big hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails