Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Sarah Kay in watercolour

Another card this week – guess who had a good weekend pain-wise!!  I had a play with the old distress inks and Inktense pencils, love the effect but man it takes some time to colour with watercolours vs markers.

Bev-Rochester-Sarah-Kay-watering-can

The inspiration for this card came from the delectable Papermaina Lincoln Linen paper pack that I picked up a few weeks back.  Love kraft and white together.

A closer look and the sweet Sarah Kay image (I wish Stampavie were still doing them – my all time very favourite stamp).

Bev-Rochester-Sarah-Kay-watering-can3

The scalloped layer was done using a Marianne Designs die set.  Love the effect.

I remembered to dig out a charm to use, I have a gazillion of these babies and keep on forgetting to use them. 

Bev-Rochester-Sarah-Kay-watering-can4

I can’t remember who the sentiment is by, but I stamped and embossed using white EP, so soft and pretty.

Bev-Rochester-Sarah-Kay-watering-can2

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used a Cottage Rose, Open Roses in 25mm, 20mm 15mm and 10mm sizes and I also used ofn of the new miniature gardenia flowers.  The white leaves are cut from a Cheery Lynn die.

Bev-Rochester-Sarah-Kay-watering-can1

And …. I might even get a few more cards done over the weekend, woo get me lol.  I managed to sort out a year’s worth of stamps that I had been stock piling in a box on my desk, now I just need to get round to using them haha.

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

27 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to hear that you are starting to feel better Bev.
    Your card is stunning. I love the sweet Sarah Kay image, your colouring is wonderful and all the detailing is so pretty too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw Bev so pretty and beautiful coloured,
    Ageeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pleased to hear that you had a good weekend health wise - let's hope it's the start of many good weekends! and a stunning card as always - the soft colours work so well with the Sarah Kay stamps
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev, Im glad to hear that your pain was a lot less this weekend I sincerely hope it carrys on that way for you. A stunning and beautiful card I love this image and the papers are just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this card is stunning, the colouring and detailing is beautiful. Pleased you had a good weekend...long may it last xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOUW soooooo beaytiful Bev, and I totally agree about those stamps, I too wish Stampavie still made them, they´re sooooo cute and sweet.
    Have a very HAppy Easter everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bev. Love your colouring, such a cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O This is so cute, just love the image and the colours. How good to read that you have had a good weekend without to much pai,, I hope it stays this way!

    Hugs from the Netherlands, Liefs Hanny♥, http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, glad you had a better weekend pain wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased you are feeling better again Bev. Gorgeous card, what lovely papers they are. Great colouring and such pretty embellies. Have a lovely Easter weekend. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a darling card, Bev!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooooo beautiful dear Bev, love it !!!
    Big hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card that Marianne die looks amazing and love the distress inks gorgeous Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you had a good week-end pain wise Bev, your card is stunning.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Bev, glad to hear you had a few good days. Hopefully they will soon take over the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat to see a beautiful card from you today & hear that you are feeling ... Made my day on both accounts. You have NO idea how much you are missed & how I look forward to your posts. Always know that when I see your post pop up that it's going to be something gorgeous & I'm never disappointed. Hope you have EVERY. Day pain free

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janie you are so right, very glad you've had some good days long may it last.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bev, it's Wonderful to see your work once again, I hope you're well, and I really do agree with you I wish Sarah Kay also still did these images as I love them I have quite a few and I love working with them.
    Your Stunning Card today is so Beautiful I really love the Colours and the papers you have used and also the fabulous embellishments a really Beautiful Card. Love from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear you are out of pain and looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations. Today's card is just divine. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yea pain free!!! I've been going to therapy for pain in back and finally better too. Doesn't it feel wonderful. The time it took for this card was well worth it as turned out beautiful. Love this stamp and I have it. Great job. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Bev. I'm so happy to hear that your weekend was free from pain. Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Bev , I love Sarah Kay too takes me back to my childhood when she was really popular along with Victoria plum ( wish someone would turn her into craft products too :-) ! ) glad you are feeling well have a good weekend should get plenty of crafting done as the weather doesn't seem to be to good at the moment :-( take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Bev, this is so, so, so pretty! I Love the soft effect of the watercoloring on this card. Just gorgeous! I'm happy you got to play this week. Wish you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation! I too was sad to hear that Stampavie is gone! Wonder what happened to their company. Glad to hear you are feeling better and thanks for the inspiring project.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your card, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails