Sunday, 17 November 2013

Graph’it Markers

I was sent some of these Graph’it markers whilst I was poorly and I have only just this past week had a play with them. 

bev-rochester-whimsy-vintage-christmas

I dug out the Whimsy Vintage Christmas stamp set, I just adore it!  Gorgeous vintagey images and sentiments.  Now then, more on the markers:

I am a Copic fan, I make no secret of that but I really like these Graph’it markers.  The colour lays down beautifully with very little blending needed – so no overworking hence no bleeding.  When using bold colours that can be a problem so although the bullet nib had plenty of ink to get a fantastic blend I didn’t struggle to achieve this. 

I didn’t have to use pencils to “pop” the colour, the image was coloured solely with Graph’it markers and to be honest I don’t think I even needed to use the pencils.

I am not keen on a bullet nib, I prefer the softness of a brush tip so was thrilled to see that the nibs can be interchanged with brush nibs (which I will be doing).

I have not got the full range of colours and usually would have used 4-5 reds to achieve this look if I was using Copics.  However, I only used 3 colours which I lay on the Mix’it palette and picked the colour off there when I needed to blend.  I did start off by laying the colour on to the paper (dark to light as always) then made use of the palette where needed.  Brilliant!

bev-rochester-whimsy-vintage-christmas1

Reds: 5280, 5250, 4135
Greens: 8160, 8240
Gold: 1250, 1110
Grey for shadows: 9203 and the blender

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

28 comments:

  1. The colouring is brilliant fabulous card design Ginny♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw it looks gorgeous and the colouring is really beautiful. hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that poinsettia is awesomely colored!!!
    Really great work...
    Hugs, Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant card Bev.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Bev this is beautiful...so much depth to the reds. Good to see a post from you again and I hope you are feeling stronger every day, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card and the colouring is fabulous!
    Regards Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fantastic coloring!! And such a beautiful card!
    Hugs, Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome card here Bev, and the coloring of the poinsettia is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Bev.I love the colouring.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. It lovley Bev and glad to hear youre up to having a play take care
    #Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Bev! I love the design and beautiful poinsettia! Fabulous coloring! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and inspiring! I'm glad you're feeling better!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so nice card, lovely colros !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Card, Lovely image and colouring.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Bev :) huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Bev, and your colouring is stunning.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The markers look and sound great Bev and of course your card is beautiful. Take care.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, hopefully one day I can colour as good as you, your card are always beautiful,
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Christmas card, great colouring with those new markers.
    Glad to see you're having fun in making cards again! Hoping you will get much, much better soon!
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautifully coloured Bev - the poinsettia looks fab! mary x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You could use Crayola crayons and your cards would be just as stunning Bev. This is yet another beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails