Friday, 3 August 2012

A pastel Christmas card, MIC card and other answers

Morning peeps,  I have been asked a few questions this week via comments and in the chat box so will answer some of them at the end of the post.  First up is a Christmas card using one of the new Lili of the Valley releases and also one of the delish new sentiments that are being released later this month – wait till you see them all, OMW Laila sure has done it again!
Beware!!  I am in a pastel mode so have a few pastel Christmas cards coming up over the next few days.  Here’s the first one.
bev-rochester-lotv-delivering-the-presents-
The stamp is Delivering the Presents, and I have used Distress Markers and Inks to colour, and have gone c-uh-razy with the Stickles again lol.
The paper is Lil Mittens by Nitwit Collections, love the soft colours of this kit that still work for male cards.  The snowflake border is by Memory Box and the scrunched up seam binding is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The little pine cones I picked up on my walks with the dogs – must go and forage for more this weekend.
I used Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo for the skin, Tumbled Glass mixed with Faded Jeans for the blue, Bundled Sage, Pumice Stone and a bit of Black.
bev-rochester-lotv-delivering-the-presents-1
Now then my lovelies – some answers.
I used MIC card to colour on to on yesterdays card.  It’s “posh” name is Make It Colour blending card and is perfect for alcohol markers.  It handles a lot different to Neenah in that it will take a lot more ink and layers without the ink either breaking down or laying on the surface like what has been happening with Neenah lately – me no likey.  However, I have found it does bleed BUT it cleans up perfect with no hassle or marks like Neenah has a tendency to do.  I am sure once I am used to it I will have a better idea how much ink to lay down without getting the bleeding.  I have been using Neenah since I started with markers so it’s going to take me a few goes to find what works for me.  However (there’s that word again lol) for a first attempt I was amazed!
Cheryl – the papers used on the Summer Bears card on 1st August was a Nitwit Collections Kit, I will have to try and work out which one I used, I pretty much have them all Smile with tongue out
Holly I’m sorry I don’t understand your question about the Criss Cross card, I did a video last year, it’s on my Video Tutorials Page.
Jan. the cap on the end of the pin is an earring backer.
Chris, the image is a different one for the class, we will be using one of the new Xmas images and will be using similar colours to the last one, by request from quite a few ladies.
Okay, I think that’s it for now Smile  Back later with this week’s WOC candy
hugs
bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

62 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Bev. Fab image, the colouring is beautiful and love all the frosty glitter.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue making us happy with your pastel mode, I love it!!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Bev, an adorable image and love the little pine cones! Must look for some later when I'm walking Archie! ;D
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Bev - love all the sparkle around the image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pastel card Bev, looks very frosty with all that glitter. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card and it's colours. Lovely image and your colouring is just perfect.

    xx Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful,your pastel mode is going down well with me.Love it! Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Bev love the new stamps they are just adorable I love the pastel theme it's lovely and all that sparkle :):)

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Bev, love the pastel colours, and all the sparkle.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pastel works for me Bev this is so cute.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pastel works for me Bev this is so cute.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaaaaw lovely image and a great card. Love all that Stickles shiny parts!!!! Beautiful. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pastel shades Bev, love the tiny pinecones, found some myself and put them away for safe keeping...duh! never seen them since....gorgeous image, love the sparkle too.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Bev just gorgeous. Hugs Sheila.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Bev and the colours are lovely too as is the stickles so beautifully done, xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning as always Bev, love that image - oh dear another one to add to my ever growing wish list!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful festive card Bev, I love pale blues on Christmas cards and all the sparkle is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Bev, I've just be a follower, what a beautiful creations!!!! I come here often for inspiration!! My compliments.
    Love Liesbeth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Bev love your colours, super papers and such a lovely layout. Thank you for answering our questions on MIC card.

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Again you did a wonderful job: this looks wonderful! Love the craft-papers with blue, fantastic!
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Bev, love the shimmer, I think the mic card is so much easier than the neenah, works a treat for me. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  22. just gorgeous. fabulous colours. fabulous image.
    chrissyxx
    any chance bev of doing a tutorial on how to get this memory die to come out in one piece lol...please x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful.
    I am sooooo looking foward to seeing the next one.
    Hugs
    Donna.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Again an absolutely gorgeous creation Bev, I love it, even I admit, I was a bit skeptic in the beginning, when you said pastel christmascards, but now I must admit, I´m on them myself too he he he. Love it hun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic creation :)
    Love all the glitter you puton it....soooo magic:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pastels and glitter! Such a sweet Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely the pastel theme card Bev, looks very frosty with all that glitter.
    Hugs hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful Card! I love the pastel look!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Card! I love the pastel look!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning, so love those nitwit papers with this adorable image.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  31. fabulous card Bev - so scrumptious - adorable image and I just love the colours and all the glitter xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do like these colours, Bev - a beautiful card and the kraft card colour certainly makes the pale colours pop!

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely gorgeousc - love all the sparkle! Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Schitterende kaart,leuke stempel,zo mooi ingekleurd.
    Heel mooi papier.

    Liefs Riet.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a beautiful Christmas card. I do love all the glitz x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gooooooooooooooooorgeous ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. so, so pretty, love the sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  38. So beautiful!! I love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely card Bev so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Bev, I love pastel on Christmas cards! I love pastel colours period LOL!! Great card, gorgeous image and I love the way you did the sentiment. Have a great weekend sweets, hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi sweetie, im sorry i know you're busy but you never said whether the MIC card was as smooth as Neenah and what gsm the MIC card is hun, thankyou xxxVick

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hello !
    Just looooove this card, love all glitter ! it's a fab Christmas card !
    have a nice week-end !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a cutie, love the border have a few memory box dies myself and they are lovely because there so delicate, the sparkle is just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a wonderful card. That dusting of Stickles is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This card is so cute. And just watched several of your video tutorials. Great watching and the explanations were good. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh Bev what a lovely lovely card and in my opinion you can never have enough sparkles! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a sweet card. And the image is so cuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a sweet card. And the image is so cuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Stunning card Bev - what a cute image and such lovely colours.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. That little boy is in a snowstorm of stickles! (that's a good thing) I love that border die--got to get that one. Good idea for the pinecones--we have tons of them on our beaches. Love the coloring of the boys face--looks like he needs to come in and warm up. Nice sentiment, too. Love that Christmas cards are surfacing already...!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous Bev! Love the beautiful soft colours and all of the pretty details :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. awwwwwww! this is gorgeous bev....another one I will neeeeeeed! he he he!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh wow,your card is soooo wonderful!!!

    Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a beautiful card I love your Blog it give's me a lot inspiration Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh Bev,I just loooooove this one!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  56. what a gorgeous card and you can never make a card too sparkly- especially Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete
  57. Lovely image, gorgeous papers and embellishments...another stunner hunnie....
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Stunning card, perfect colours together cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  59. Simply gorgous. Love the pastel colours and adorable image

    ReplyDelete
  60. beautiful card love the pastels nice change x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails