Friday, 6 April 2012

Anything goes at Just Magnolia

Whoop a nice long weekend for me, I took off yesterday and Tuesday as holidays to have an extra long weekend.  For all you lovely caring peeps that are asking after my Tony … he is doing great thanks.  I even managed to get him out (with friends help) for lunch yesterday, he was nervous about getting in and out of the car but managed it no problem.  I think he was starting to get a bit of the old “four walls syndrome” so thoroughly enjoyed himself even though he was wrecked when we got him back home.  He is doing exactly as the consultant/physio ordered which is unusual for a bloke, they always tend to know better don’t they lol. 

Our Mina has chosen the theme of Anything Goes at Just Magnolia this week and I had a spare couple of hours yesterday so sat down and had a play.  Don’t you just love making a card just because you fancy it?  Not for any specific reason but just because.  I find that’s when I get to experiment with trying different things that I have been meaning to try out but never seem to get round to doing so.

bev-ro`1ochester-tilda-catching-stars

I have had this little cutie Tilda catching stars on my desk for weeks and weeks now, sat in a mountain of uninked rubber.  Why I bother buying stamps is beyond me because by the time I get round to using them they are out of fashion already lol.

bev-ro`1ochester-tilda-catching-stars1

The papers were also sat in the “new, to deal with later” pile for weeks, OMW” I can’t believe I neglected them for so long!  Especially as I got 2 of each of these The Scrapcake pads.  The pad I have used today is One Moment in Time – so pretty!

I have used a Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily die behind the image, a Vintage bird cage die that I have inked up and glittered with Stickles and a Doo Hickey swirly die under the flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used 30mm wild rose, 20mm roses, sweetheart blossoms and 10mm roses.  I heat embossed the metal corner and trimmed the bottom of the card with little organza rose trim also from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I printed out the sentiment, chopped it up and inked the edges before adhering it to the card.  I love the effect and totally forget to do it on more of my cards.  Wake up Bev!

bev-ro`1ochester-tilda-catching-stars2

And the inside is finished off to compliment the front of the card.

bev-ro`1ochester-tilda-catching-stars3

Have a fabulous holiday weekend.  I will be back tomorrow with some Wild Orchid Crafts surprise candy Smile

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

57 comments:

  1. enjoy your extra days off with Tony
    a beautiful card and love the papers
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the birdcage die....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! I love colors you have used and your colouring is stunning!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really do love your cards Bev. Have a wonderful long weekend, and great that Tony is doing well. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card,enjoy your time off x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Bev, Love the birdcage, Happy Easter, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilda is never out of fashion.
    She is simply Adorable.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev, I am not a Tilda fan normally but since you have coloured her so beautifully (love the hair) and finished the card off in your usual style, I love it! Hubby will still be affected by the anaesthetic which will take another week or so to wear off, then he will be back to 'normal', whatever that means for a man -lol. Nice to hear that you have some much deserved time off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, lots of beautiful details and pink is always a winner. So glad I found the time to look in here today and see all the nice things you've made lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Bev! I love the pleats you have coloured in to her dress and the lovely embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI BEV, ANOTHER MASTER PIECE, LOVE THIS CARD, YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION.
    LOVE JAN X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful.. I love the way she is sending the wish in the air.. Beautiful Coloring and Decorating.. :o)
    Lovely Colors too..
    Wish you a Great Easter ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and beautiful card
    Bev
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunner from you Bev. It is nice to make a card 'just because', I shall be getting my crafting bits out this afternoon, have to make my Granddaughter a card for her 1st birthday x

    Enjoy your Easter x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Bev! I love the way you've coloured Tilda's hair and it's good to hear that Tony is doing so well!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet. Like the colors and the bird cage and the way you've done the words is so cute. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this is absolutely PERFECT!!! I love your card and all the little details, the die cut, your beautiful colouring... Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card Bev.(As usual)You are
    always such an inspiration to everyone. So pleased Tony is doing
    well. Have a lovely Easter and enjoy
    your extra days off.Hugs Linda.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable and fun time without pressure:) Sooo very glad Tony is getting better.
    Happiness to you

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO beautiful! I just love everything you create!!! This is such a girly card, and perfect for any girl's birthday!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very very lovely card,
    And beautiful colours.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Bev! I love all the pink and the beautiful embellishments! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bev that is stunning I love your beautiful colouring and your card desing. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, she is stunning Bev, not seen this Tilda before, think I need her ;-) Gorgeous card, absolutely love all the details xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card just sooo cute beautiful colours are great so glad you have time off work well done you getting Tony out for a while boost his morale take care enjoy Doris Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Schitterende kaart Bev,lief die stempel,zo mooi ingekleurd.
    Heel mooi papier en details.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just gorgeous....and her hair is beautiful!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it, Bev...and the birdcage die is gorgeous...Happy Easter to you...hugs...
    Denise Trottier

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Bev,
    Fabulous girlie card today so I am truly in my element. Love the papers and can understand you wondering why you hadn't used them, they are so pretty and really delicate.
    It' lovely to hear that Tony is doing well and wanting to get out and about. Please pass on my sincerest apologies for having him dragged to your craft room to read that stupid Capatcha thing for you and tell him I will be more careful infuture...lol!! Bless him for doing that.
    Well I hope you have a wonderful Easter planned, we are having a family lunch (Christmas style) on Easter sunday so we will all be sat round with big round tummies for a while!!
    Best wishes Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow this is beautiful Bev. Glad Tony is on the mend, Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card, love the image and your coloring. So sweet with the birdcage!

    Stine :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card Bev is so beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome Bev!! Happy Easter.
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so cute, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your Magnolia card is so beautiful! Congrats! :-) Happy Easter!


    Vintage Collages
    .

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this sweet Magnolia card. Happy Easter Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous Bev! I have to say, my favourite cards are always the ones that I've made just because I fancied it ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card Bev, love the colours.

    Have a lovely Easter weekend.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  39. What can i say: GORGEOUS.
    Have a Happy Easter.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's beautiful, Bev, and I just love that dinky little rose in the metal corner-so cute. Happy for you ( and him )that Tony is doing so well and keeping to the physio's regime- everything takes time! Hope you both have a lovely Easter weekend.

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  41. Glad to hear the good news on Tony. Your card is gorgeous again as well as the card in the below post. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Evening Bev, what a beautiful card I so love how you colour your cards and the flowers are to die for all the difrent colours and styles. Have a good weekend, Hugs Fiona P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. what can i say that i have already not said fabulous awesome inspiring talented lady ...stuning hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a stunning card. Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is such a sweet card using a darling image. Love every inch of it all. Beautiful!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  46. Glad to hear hubby is doing well and you were able to get him out for a while - it's horrid when 'cabin fever' hits.

    Love the card Bev - what you have done with this little Tilda is just beautiful.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love, love, LOVE this card! So beautiful and sweet - it makes me think of my beautiful daughter. I love all the soft touches, glitter, PRINCESS, pink flowers and papers... all the things she loved. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  48. How fun to have a couple hours to play!!! Beautiful card - this Tilda is adorable and I like how you colored her up!!!! I'm a big fan of lace and bird cages so I'll remember how you used both on this card!!! Thanks for sharing, Bev. Big hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love that hair and the gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails