Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Susie Ponders and workshop news and commenters candy!

Before I get on to todays card I have some workshop news.  I am taking breakfast workshops at The Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza show in Harrogate on both Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March 2012 using Lili of the Valley images and Promarkers.  The Saturday workshop is sold out but I think there is still availability on the Sunday.  As well as the workshops, we will be holding Mini Make and Takes for most of the day on both days, there's no need to book, just come along to our stand at the show and take a seat and have a play with promarkers and LOTV stamps!

* * * * * * * * * * *

Now then, it’s been ages since I last gave away some commenters candy so my hubby has picked a winner from yesterday’s comments so …..

Tammy Ortiz please email me your address so I can pop your surprise stamp in the mail.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Also, the winner of the Mini Magnolia candy has not come forward yet so I will be drawing another winner tonight so keep ya eyes peeled later Winking smile

* * * * * * * * * * *

And after that missive here’s my card for today, one of the new Sarah Kay images by Stampavie.  This little poppet is called Susie Ponders and I love all the scope for creating folds in her clothes.

bev-rochester-sarah-kay-susie-ponders

The beautiful paper is First Edition Spring Drop – another pad I am totally loving at the mo.  The silk ribbon and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  If you have missed it, I did a video a while back on how I tie these “chocolate box” bows, it’s on my Video Tutorials page (near the bottom).  This silk ribbon was made for these bows!!

I used 10mm roses, 15mm roses, 20mm rose, 25mm rose and that gorgeous Organza Beehive Blossom flower that I added some stickles to the centre.  The butterflies are punched with a MS PATP corner punch and also a Monarch Butterfly punch.  The doily is a Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily Die.

A close up of that yummy organza flower – love it!

bev-rochester-sarah-kay-susie-ponders2

And lastly a closer look at little Susie with the colours I used

Hair: E29, 23, 50
Skin: E11, 00, 000, 0000, R20, R30
Dress: R21, 20, 00, 000, 0000 and pale vermillion pencil
Boots: E43, 41, 40 and warm grey 50% pencil.

And the shading around her (not showing up very well here is done with a Prismacolor Pencil – PC1024 Blue Slate.  I have been experimenting with different blues and like this one the best for the more subtle look.  Yesterday’s card was done with PC919, a much brighter blue. 

bev-rochester-sarah-kay-susie-ponders1

And the sentiment is from that new Anna Griffin set.  I have had lots of emails for details of the set, you can find it here

That’s it from me today unless the Mini Magnolia winner does not come forward by tonight, in that case I will be back to announce another winner.

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

63 comments:

  1. Your coloring is awesome Bev....pretty details on this brilliant card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky people to attend your classes...I will just look at your beautiful cards. Those flowers are gorgeous and everything about the card is lovely. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes beautiful Bev im oohing and arring again, at your stunning work darlin, have a good day huggies and love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Bev - I love the organza flower.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and beautiful card Bev,love the image and colour's are beautiful
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very pretty, I love the organza rose

    love teen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Bev, just love the ribbon, the colour is gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Bev! Love the image and colour's are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bev this is gorgeous! So pretty! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, lovely image and fabulous colours!
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Bev, what a cute image and I love your layout and all those gorgeous flowers and those cute little butterflies.
    Question: Will you be at the NEC in March?? If so will you be doing any workshops/make and take there too??
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Image... Love this stamp.. The look of this girl is Wonderful.. So Calm and proud..
    Great Coloring and Embellishing.. Lovely Colors.. And that Bow and Big yellow Flower is So Beautiful!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!
    Little Susie is a darling - you've really brought her to life with your wonderful colouring :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous stamp, realy lovely card. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card Bev loving the pastel shades and that doiley die is fab.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beuatiful and loving that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what you made is so very beautiful and the color is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card.Your coloring is awesome Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wat een prachtige kaart Bev,lief die stempel.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so lovely hun, Love your bows, and the colours you have chosen are really summery...stunning!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Bev, the image is adorable!! I would love to attend one of your classes!! but I live to far away, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card - your work is so inspiring. Thank you for pointing out about your bow tutorial, I hadn't noticed it before and I love how you tie your bows. Off to get some ribbon to practise now!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another beautiful card, I just love the image and pretty colours. - mrsjane

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Bev this is beautiful, you are so talented.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  27. A wonderful card, Bev - love the colour combo!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous card here Bev and such a cute image. it´s really beautiful and you´ve as always colored it sooooo gorgeous. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, I love that you have added the butterfly so that she appears to be looking at. I have booked the Saturday tutorial, can't wait! You make the bow look so easy in your video.

    ReplyDelete
  30. hiya sweetie
    what a gorgeous card sweetie
    the flowers are super pretty
    al the little details like the butterfly are stunning sweetie
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so thankful for the new surprise. I really am honored. I have emailed you my address. now for the card It is so cute. I love the sentiment and the colors.

    Hugs Tammy
    Please keep in mind if you would like Free Candy please click below the winner will be announced on 3/10/12.

    http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh so beautiful the image is stunning and all the colouring and embellis are amazing such a lovely finsh to your card as always truly an amazing creation:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous card Bev, love the image and gorgeous colouring.. love the design.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous!!! Such a cute image and the way you've colored her is great. Love the pretty soft spring colors and all the flowers. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  35. your so right, this paper is lovely. Great card. I like the ribbon and flowers on the side just brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is adorable Bev, love the image, she is so sweet. Colouring amazing as always xxx Will be calling by at the show :))

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a sweet Card love all the little details you've added in :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Очень нежная открытка!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Another fantastic card! Love to doiley die.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Really gorgeous and such a lovely stamp....i can feel the groan of my bank manager coming on lol xxxx hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just beautifl, Bev. Your colouring of hair is just amazing and the folds in her dress-they bring the image alive- a truly beatiful card.

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  42. This dreaming girl is so sweet ! And your card is a beauty ! So lovely details !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sooo pretty. I love the image.
    Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Stunning card Bev. Beautiful colours & perfectly coloured x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Bev,
    Well normally, as you may remember, I am either a pink/lilac girl or deep rich reds mixed mainly with very crisp whites. I do use ivory quite ofen but I have never really ventured far with deeper creams. Today I have fallen in love with rich cream card! Your soft candyfloss pink with the buttery cream and hint of minty green is just adorable. I think this card has to go into my top ten favourites of yours Bev.
    Whenever I think you can't surprise me anymore (I'm getting long in the tooth now I think - Argh 50 in few weeks!!), well you do. The way you may just 'add this' or 'colour that in a new way' etc., always brings new little things to the craft table and that is why I cannot stay away. I love your blog.
    Who'd have thought a bit of card would have me singing so. Am I getting daft or is it just a craft thing? Do you know, when I buy a fabulous new colour of card, I will go into my craft room and just open the drawer to look at it..... sad? Nah, I love this crafting bug, it always makes me smile and sometimes even sing!
    Have a good day all and congrats Tamie, enjoy your prize.
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love stamp, card, colours, papers in fact just loving everything about this card x.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is so beautiful, and the colours are just gorgeous.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love stamp, card, colours, papers in fact just loving everything about this card x.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love stamp, card, colours, papers in fact just loving everything about this card x.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a beautiful card,love the colours and that flower is gorgeous.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful card,love the colours and that flower is gorgeous.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely card, gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  53. O gosh this is awesome Bev, I love the soft colours and the flowers.. so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh Bev, what a beautiful card!!!! Love your paper and all the flowers. And of course my fav, butterflys!! Love this little cutie - love all of Sarah Kay's images, they're just too adorable!! Thanks for sharing - hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  55. wow ....just the most eligtful card coloursimage everything is top draw love it sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the card and that wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your card is gorgeous as usual. and your colouring outstanding. I really love that sheer flower, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous Card Bev as always i love the sweet image.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congrats Tammy!! Beautiful card Bev! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  60. How amazingly beautiful this is, Bev! Adorable image and that sentiment just melts my heart:)
    Have a wonderful day sweetie!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails