Friday, 21 October 2011

Whimsy Magazine and an Advent Calendar

Woohoo the 4th issue of Whimsy Inspirations Magazine has been published and myself along with some of the Wild Orchid Crafts DT have been published.  I got to work with those amazing new Christmas sentiments and Wee Stamps, I tell ya I was in heaven lol.

WSIM-Published

 

And here’s a tiny sneak peek of one of the projects I did for the magazine.  If you want to see more follow the link above, there are over 100 pages of inspiration from the most amazing crafters and it’s all FREE!

bev-rochester-whimsy-wee-stamps-1a

And I have not had a chance (again!!!) to make a card for this week’s Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar challenge and it’s one I really did want to take part in as it’s all about PINK as it’s Breast Cancer Awareness month but again the time has just run away from me so I thought I would share another of my magazine cards using the gorgeous Advent Calendar stamp from Lili of the Valley

lotv-advent-calendar

The flowers are die cut from Marianne Design Poinsettia dies and I just popped a button in the centre after threading through Divine Twine.  The gingham ribbon, twine and buttons are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The image was coloured with Copics, colours used are R29, 27, 24, 22; YG67, 63, 61,G20; YR24, 21, Y11 and then I used E41 and E40 for the shading around the tree.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Circular Sentiments set from Lili of the Valley and the papers are Nitwit Collections.

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

28 comments:

  1. Oh yes I just saw this mag yesterday and it is sooooooooooooo awesome and your work is simply stunning once again hun, and so is this card here. You´re an amazing artist Bev and I so wish, I could make anything like all your work some day too. I just love to watch it.
    Have a great week-end and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine Harrop21 October 2011 at 07:24

    I'm surprised you have time to draw breath Bev with all your commitments. You are one busy lady!!!! We appreciate whatever you have to inspire us. Thanks for everything. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna take a peek later on today at the magazine. I like the small sneak peek!!
    The Advent Calendar is gorgeous!! I totally love the soft colours of the DP!
    Thanks for the inspiration Bev. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Bev and your sneaky peek card looks lovely too hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Bev and well done you
    myrax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design, Bev and I love the combination of the stripey paper and the gingham ribbon!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy lady you are but please keep on going and make us happy with all the beautiful things you make!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat schitterend gemaakt Bev.


    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiya sweetie
    congrats on your publication hunni
    well deserved sweetie
    your card is amazing hun, just love it sweetie
    have a great weekend hunni
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have downloaded the magazine and will take a moment to relax this weekend to enjoy myself with it. Your card is great again. Have a nice weekend in your new crafting palace. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I'm off to check the magazine now. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just had a look at the free magazine - it is absolutely fantastic and full of fabulous work. I especially like the tutorials. Have a lovely weekend.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little advent card and the peek looks super.

    Congrats on being published.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! the magazine is fab Bev. Love looking at your work for inspiration!! And really love the digital magazine. Have just finished sorting through 4ft pile of magazines and so think it would be great to be able to buy them digitally!!!!
    Love your Advent Card - it's gorgeous! beautiful colours and love the gingham ribbon and flowers!
    Hope you have a really great weekend!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and well done you!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card as usual, Bev- just love the combination of colours and designs and that little advent calendar is sooo cute. Fabby magazine, by the way, just had a wee browse and a great page spread by you!

    Aliceh

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw the magazine the other day. What a great card you did.
    This advent card is so pretty. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Bev, your colouring is stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cozy, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so gorgeous, Bev! I love that colour combo with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had a great layout in the magazine! Gorgeous work, as always.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well deserved honor. Congratulations. Off to check out the magazine now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card hun, You always mangage to put something really inspirational on your blog..no matter what!!
    Hope to see the craft room sooon!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being published. I saw the magazine and it is fantastic. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another stunner Bev x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails