Monday, 24 October 2011

Santa Claus is coming to town!

OMW I really did not think I was going to get a card done for this week’s Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge but luckily had had this adorable image all coloured up so just had to pull some papers out to match (I always work the other way and make my card up first then colour the image to match the papers but this time as luck would have it everything worked first try).  So this week our challenge is Santa Claus is coming to town, another perfect excuse to get another Christmas card done and checked off your lists!

I got a couple of new border dies in the mail on Saturday from Crafty Sentiments and of course I had to use it right away, isn’t it just gorgeous (so is the price!)  They are officially released for sale on 30th October but are on Pre-Order now for those that can’t wait, like me Smile 

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-santa

The image was coloured with copics, and I even had the colours written on a post it note attached to the back, woooo get me …. organised or what lol

Skin: E11, E00, E000, R20
Beard: C1, C0
Reds: E19, R29, R24, R22 and Tuscan Red pencil
Black: C7, C5, C3 and Black pencil
Browns: E57, E55, E53, E40 and Dark Umber pencil
Greens: YG99, YG93, E81
Shading: BG000, E40, BG0000

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-santa1

I even managed to decorate the inside following the layout on the front of the card, and now that I have actually got space for my sewing machine even that got put to use Smile

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-santa2

The lace started off life white, but I spritzed it with a mixture of Tea Dye and Walnut Stain to give it a vintagey look to match the papers.

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-santa3

Recipe

Stamps: Father Christmas stampLili of the Valley, sentiment from a Jayne Nestorenko set
Papers: Pion Design - Dies to Die For
Dies: Fancy Hearts Border DieCrafty Sentiments, Frilly Square 6Go Kreate 
Embellishments: All Wild Orchid Crafts35mm Trellis Rose, 20mm Rose, carnation, 15mm rose, holly leaves, seam binding, lace, metal corner

Phew that was a post and a half lol.  Hope you all have a fabulous week.  And before I sign off I did not manage to get a video done on the weekend for today, but I will have one done sometime this week.

I have popped this card in my Etsy shop

etsy

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

62 comments:

  1. wow, beautiful, as always Bev
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schitterende kaart Bev,leuk die stempel,zo mooi ingekleurd.
    Prachtig papier en details.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Bev and yes I love that new die.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, love stamp.
    Hugs Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable creation! Really nice job, aswell on the decorations on the inside of the card. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. BREAHTTAKING BEAUTIFULL!!!!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto!! truly breathtaking:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas card. Nice stamp and coloring.

    Hugs AStrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Bev - a wonderful combination of the image, sentiment, papers and all the embellies!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Father Christmas, not seen him before and your new dies are fab, must go and look
    lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an elegant gorgeous Christmas card Bev...gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image.. It is Beautiful.. I also noticed at it is the same leaves on the image, as you have used.. That is a detail that I like.. :o) Beautiful colors and Coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Bev what an adorable little Santa! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Bev, very elegant and love the colours too.

    Thank you

    Hugs
    Suzette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Bev he is one cute santa, love that lace. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card Bev. Nice stamp and coloring.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and love the new border. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, this is card is AMAZING!!!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a beautiful card hun, love the image he is sooo cute!:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW this is beautiful and the flowers are divine.
    Sandra. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabolous as always Bev!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Bev, love the colouring and the finishing touches with the glitter. It's lovely.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice! Love the way you blend the reds together. I always have trouble with them. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable! Sweet image paired with such beautiful DP and flowers. So sweet.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is gorgeous Bev! I love the stamp! beautifully coloured and all sparkly. Stunning papers and bellies - Love it !!!!
    Hope you have a good day!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now I know you never do a "bad" card, but this is EXTRA nice :-) ...that's it, don't need to say any more:-) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  27. A stunning card, beautifully coloured as per usual and those papers are gorgeous- like your new die, too!

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hes gorgeous Bev love your colouring and the borders too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maravilloso trabajo, todo es supere creativo.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card!such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maravilhoso, Bev!
    Muito lindo!
    Parabéns!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card Bev! I do love it when a card just comes together nicely. I am loving your coloring and the papers are just fab; all that stitching and that lace is just perfect!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  33. Now he is a real cutie.Can we call santa cute? The papers are lovely - real vintage feel.Great embellishments as always.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is so pretty! I love the little touches of sparkle, and gold filigree and the band of vintage lace. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cudne karteczki:)Śliczne:)Bardzo mi sie podobają:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card Bev, love all the red, so lush.xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is stunning Bev, I love the image and your colouring is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous christmas card Bev, your colouring is beautiful!
    Hugs jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  39. A beautiful traditional style card Bev, I love the image and all the lush flowers too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Bev I love this card it is beautiful I just love the SANTA CLAUS he makes xmas feel so much nearer, better hurry and get my cards made, but he just makes you want to make them Doris

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card Bev..had to order those dies...
    Hugs,
    Pierrette

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my what a stunning card. The stamp is too cute. Love it. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Bev. Beautiful Christmas card. Such a lovely image and the colours and detail are gorgeous. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your card this is a favorite image of mine and your colors are wonderful....did you know every time I click on your blog a pop up window for an iphone comes up?

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a gorgeous card! I never would have thought to use that cute heart border and love how it looks. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. how do I enter a card for this pleas, i am still learning about the bloggs thinbg
    hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous Bev! I love looking at your cards! LOTV has the most adorable images! It's still Monday here...I checked Etsy for your card, but it's already gone lol! Blessings!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, this card is amazing! Really really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Just stunning - such a lovely olde-world feel with a lovely fun image.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi wow love this !! Santa is brilliant! Loving the lace and dies with these beautiful flowers. Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. I just LOVE this card; it just screams Christmas :o) The image is amazing as is your colouring - BRILLIANT XX

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wonderful card Bev. Love the colouring of that gorgeous stamp.

    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is gorgeous Bev,I must get this stamp it looks great with Vintage papers and colours.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a stunning card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  55. Lovely card!! I have been (secretly) following for a while, all your cards are beautiful, thanks for sharing them and giving me inspiration

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  56. This card is so gorgeous and posh!I envy happy buyer!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just love Lili of the Valley stamps, and this Father Christmas is just so sweet. Thanks for sharing your fabulous talents with us Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails