Monday, 10 October 2011

Christmas Fun

Blimey, who nicked my weekend???  I had great plans to get loads done and didn’t tick one thing off the list.  Me and plans just don’t get along and they should have as I am away at Leeds this weekend as it’s the Lili of the Valley Colouring Masterclass) so  I will have to get my skates on to get ahead again this week.  If you’re still dithering about the class there might be a couple of places left, you can check out the deets here.

And now for today’s card – it’s Wild Orchid Challenge day and this week our challenge is super easy …. Christmas Fun.  Perfect for those that are needing to get Christmas cards done, unlike me who will be buying them this year lol.

bev-rochester-lotv-toboggan-woc-xmas-fun-10-oct

And yes I’m afraid it’s another magazine card, guess who was uber busy a few months ago!  Now you know why I will be buying Christmas cards, I finished with them ages back and am already working on new stuff for the next releases.  This stamp – Toboggan for Two - has to be one of my favourites from LOTV’s Christmas release (okay so I say that about all of them I guess).   I used the LOTV Grunge Music stamp behind the image and a sentiment from the Christmas Circular Sentiments the papers are from the Dovecraft Christmas pack – a truly stunning set of papers loaded with traditional colours and patterns with touches of gold. 

The gingham ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts looked a bit too clean and new so I swiped it with brushed corduroy ink to age it a bit.  The Divine Twine, button and wooden reindeer are also all from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I have uploaded this week’s Quick Flicks video to the Ideas to Inspire blog if you want to take a peek and it will also be on my Video Tutorials page

Have a fantastic week

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

39 comments:

  1. Mornin' Bev, love this card. I am learning so much about composition and colours from visiting my favourite blogs. I really love this image...just wish I could colour in as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous , love the colours, beautiful paper !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty Bev! I only wish I could do embellies half as well as you (mine just look plonked on). Stunning as always. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!
    Totally understand the to do list dilemma, I am still working on one I started this past summer, maybe I will get it done by next summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't mind magazine makes Bev, they are all so inspirational. This is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful papers Bev, and gorgeous image...love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful!!! I simply love your blog:)
    hugs,
    Synnøve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Bev, lovely colours and I love the cute image!
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, so lush, just gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning sweetie, love the colours too, fab creation hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Bev, love the colours on this and that gorgeous bow. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow super mooi gemaakt
    I just Love it
    gr,ans xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute, love the traditional colours.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  14. J'aime beaucoup ta carte elle est très belle bravo
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww this is gorgeous Bev! Love the image - they look so sweet on the toboggan! Love the Traditional colours and beautiful bellies! Stunning card!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really fab card, lovely trace x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this one Bev especially the embellishments, how cute is that deer?! You are so busy I would not worry about not ticking anything off the list it would just make it longer-LOL.Have a great week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uau!
    Simplesmente maravilhoso, Bev!!
    Abraços!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fabulous card Bev.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Schitterende kaart,leuk die stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
    Prachtig papier en details.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Bev, love the traditional colours and your colouring of the image is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a very sweet X-mas card. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bev this card is just so cute fab image coloured so good and love the papers take care Doris

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Bev, lovely colouring. It is a cute image - I have a long list for the NEC!!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A gorgeous Christmascard, Bev! Love the papers, the embellishment and the image you have colored so amazing! Hugs Kjersti

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh this is an adorable image Bev. The design and colours are gorgeous. Love all the detail.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is so gorgeous Bev, the image is just adorable, I love the colours 'n' papers and the embellies finish it off perfectly :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is just over the top, love every inch of it.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card. I love all the LIli stamps too.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous Christmas and fab image.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous Christmas card the image is just adorable:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  32. great card bev! love your christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your cards ... period.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is absolutely adorable and I love the little reindeer it works so well.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bev... just leaving you a quickie comment to ask if the papers are from the Forever Friends papers, A Christmas Tale, that Docrafts bought out earlier a few months ago, not Dovecraft. x

    Regardless of what papers they are.. the card is still beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails