Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Tobi with love

I am loving the new Stampavie winter release, there are quite a lot of the stamps that can be used all year round, and Tobi with love that I have used today is one of those.  The with love sentiment has holly leaves on that could easily be trimmed off but I decided to use one of the sentiments in the new Confection Collection digi kit from Nitwit Collections as this card is for a very special lady who is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful people on the planet!

bev-rochester-stampavie-tobi-with-love

This new digi collection is just stunning, loaded with pinks – right up my street lol.  I sort of followed last weeks sketch challenge on The Sweet Stop – if ever you need inspiration from a sketch then pop over there, they sure get the mojo kick-started.  I just moved the sentiment to the other corner so I could fit the flowers on.  I print my digi papers on to Rey 160gsm paper that I get from Staples (only using Rey at the moment as it was on offer but any 160gsm paper should give similar results.)  I have an antiquated HP C5180 Photo printer and just print on normal or fast normal setting and get perfect results every time.  I also don’t use HP ink, just cheap compatibles that I get from Internet Ink – I have found their ink brilliant, I have been using it for a good couple of years now and had no clogging or other problems that I was getting with other compatibles.  Just my opinion and no I have no connection with them at all apart from being a very happy customer.

bev-rochester-stampavie-tobi-with-love1

And get me – coloured with ProMarkers again, OMW I love the FlexMarkers, they totally work with and compliment the existing ProMarkers and fill that gap for paler colours.  I do think that the ProMarker pinks, yellows and blues are far far nicer than Copics, they are not as harsh as the Copics can be and blend beautifully too.  I tried colouring on to Neenah cardstock this time and am much happier with the finish as opposed to the card I did last week on other cardstock.  Stick with what works Bev!!  I just need to get some of the fine nib attachments now for the finer details as I am relying on the pencils for that as I can’t get the same detail that I can with the copic brush nibs.

So the colours used are:
Skin:  Apricot, Oatmeal, Blush and cocktail pink for the cheeks
Hair (is a bit of a mish mash as the browns aren’t dark enough for me so I initially laid down Burnt Umber, Terracotta and Ivory then darkened it with Warm Grey 5 and Shale then added dark brown pencil for more contrast).
Dress, shoes and bow: Rose Pink, Blossom, Pale Blossom (Flexmarker)
Present:  Buttercup, Primrose, Lemon Chiffon (Flexmarker) then I added Jasmine pencil to deepen the shadow around Tobi)
Mouse: Warm greys 3, 2, 1,
Shadow: Cool Grey 3,2,1 and Blue Grey (Flexmarker)
Tag: Celestial Blue and Glacier Blue (Flexmarkers)

The flowers and button are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used daffodils, 25mm rose, sweetheart blossoms.  The die cut border around the top layer is a Doo Hickey Swedish Lace die

And after that waffle I am off for a lie down lol.

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

39 comments:

  1. Hi Bev,
    Another stunning card and such a gorgeous image. Terrific colouring and delish papers.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your waffle is always very interesting and helpful Bev lol. I love this pretty little image. Its a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bev,such a sweet image.Love the colours you have chosen.
    Have a good day,
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Bev another stunning card, I love your colouring and agree about the flexmarker colours adding a paler range to the promarkers. I'm going to add some to my range of markers. I love the image it's so cute. hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie of an image and I love the paler colours.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You carry on and waffle if you like babes! Gorgeous card, such a super cute image and lush candy colours. So pretty. The recipient is one very lucky lady. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Bev, love the colours and cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, sweet card!
    supercute!

    Hugs,
    Nicoline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and a really sweet card :)
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so, so cute, Bev! The way Tobi is holding the skirt of her dress is so typical of a shy little girl!
    I totally agree with you about the FlexMarkers - I only hae a sample pack at the mo but will defo be getting more!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooooooooooo cute! What a sweet image and all the pink you've used...LOVE it!!

    Hug, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous card Bev. I agree about the Copics, I struggle to get a really nice pinky colour! I also used the neenah card at a workshop this weekend and loved it!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wat a fabulous card, love the pink/yellow together!
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi such pretty bright colours. The layout and flowers are so wonderful. Thankyou so much fir all the wonderful tips ! Must go and look up these sentiments too ! Thanks Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute and stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card Bev. I really love the pink and yellow together. Beautiful card.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Bev. Love the image and all the detail.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bev, cute cuter but this is The Cutest!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, such a precious tiny "tot".
    I adore her and the little mouse.
    Love the pink and yellow and the
    coloring is TOPS!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, thank you, thank you
    Bev..another image where you have used Promarkers....can I be cheeky enough to say more please...LOL! What a sweet image you used and such lovely colours.
    Happy Wednesday,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous Bev. Love the papers and the sweet image. Your colouring is amazing as always.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Bev wow this is fabulous gorgeous papers and fabulous image:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just love it, Bev and great colouring, as per usual- she is really too cute for words and those papers are fab-u-lous and that shade of apricot/yellow?? you've used for your mats is gorgeous.

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wat een schitterende kaart Bev.

    Liefs Riet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card as always, love the image and thanks for the info on the paper printing, your digi paper always looks great, I have thrown so much away trying to get similar results to you, it never works LOL but will get some paper next time I'm down the street and keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  26. jolie réalisation ,j'aime beaucoup les couleurs amitié
    ISabelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet and wonderful card Bev. I love the soft colours.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  28. alors là c'est le top d'être cute!!! oups.. wrong language! it's the best ''so cute'' card! wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi Bev stunning card colours are brill love the image keep on with your waffle we all love it and your cards are an exception take care Doris

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely love the colours of this card, fab image too...beautiful card!xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Bev. Beautiful soft colours and the image is adorable. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card! :)
    Everything is just gorgeous!
    Hugs Ragnhild! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That little girl image is so so cute! Reminds me of my daughter all those years ago (20 to be precise!)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bev -- I just love receiving your emails. I know that I will delight in whatever you have produced. Once again, I'm not disappointed. Thanks for making one of your Canadian followers so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh this is stunning, love the new image and the gorgeous papers.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails