Sunday, 21 August 2011

A simple wedding card

I have another magazine card today, I got so involved with a few magazine commissions yesterday that I didn’t get a chance to get my card finished as the light had gone by the time I got round to being ready to shoot the Quick Flick for tomorrow so I am going to get that done this morning.  I also got some baking done yesterday – I’m becoming a regular little Domestic Goddess lol.  I made banana loaf (again as it’s my hubsters fave) and he also put in a request for blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and whilst I was being the DG I whipped up a batch of marshmallows (some coated in toasted coconut and some coated in white chocolate) for my son as he missed out last week and had a reet hissy fit lol.  I might tempt you with some piccies later :)

So to my card (see I’m waffling again) – this was another of the set of 5 done for Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine’s commission for hand made buttons.

bev-rochester-handmade-buttons-wedding-card

As the cards posted the other day the paper is from the K & Co Flora and Fauna pad from Dies to Die For.  That gorgeous heart is a Cheery Lynn Heart to Heart Lacy Doily die, the die cut borders are from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents  set.  The white 25mm organza ribbon, 20mm rose and 15mm roses as well as the pearls are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment accompanies the Lili of the Valley Together Forever stamp

To make the button I just stamped a “love” sentiment onto kraft card then cut out a heart shape, punched to 1/16th dia holes to thread the twine though, then triple embossed.

bev-rochester-handmade-buttons-wedding-card1

I’m off to scoff some marshmallows yum!

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

42 comments:

  1. gorgeous as always bev and oh DG that you are I shall be expecting a little parcel of yumminess to share at the NEC...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine wunderschöne Karte. Toll.Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Card Bev, just adorable.

    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cards that you do, but think you should leave a receipe or two, Love M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een schitterende kaart Bev.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty button with that great bow! Love all the distressed edges!

    Hugs,
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev,stunning card.Love the colours.
    WOW your baking sounds amazing.Love the sound of the muffins with the cream cheese frosting.Yum yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Bev love that heart.Now dont you go eating too many goodies lol enjoy
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely...the button is great,the whole card is beautiful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Bev. I have been reading some of your work in one of the crafty magazines. Your cards are so inspirational - thank you.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this definitely has the wow factor......and as for marshmallows...yummy
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this card in the mag and thought it was lovely - classical in style and really beautiful.

    Stop tempting us with your baking, you make me want so cake now LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous, elegant card Bev! Beautiful!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. hiya sweetie
    this is such a elegant card
    thank you for the inspiration hunni
    have a great sunday sweetie, enjoy
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  15. was für eine wundervolle Karte
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bev
    lovely card, can't wait to see all your lovely bake's, ???? where do you find the time.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Bev, love that border punch along the top, very elegant. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful elegant card. Love all the detail and colour combo.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card. Simple but so beautiful.
    hugs
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving this, great papers and ribbon, super little button
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a busy wee soul! Creating all those yummy goodies PLUS creating up a storm! Awesome!
    Love your card. Great colours and the little button is perfect.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card♥. Love it♥.

    Hugs Marita♫♫

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bev,
    What a wonderful card,I love your papers and the details.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful, elegant card, Bev. Enjoy your baked goodies; I'm envious!

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous so elegant too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simple yes, but yet very chic, and rich. Gorgeous colors.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card as always,love the button.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bev you are amazing! Work full time,craft bake your cards are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  29. stunning card Bev I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of your yummy baking hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  30. With or without images, your cards always look gorgeous! If I were asked to give an award to the best card maker in the world. I would give it to you without any confusion! You inspire me immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! This looks gorgeous! Soooo elegant! I LOVE it and that button idea is great!

    Your bakes yummies sound delicious! How do you have the patience to bake!??? :) I have no problems with regular cooking but baking is just too much for me.I never have the patience for the cakes to cool down properlz before I put the frost...and other things like that :) I really admire "dessert" people. Please do post some photos :D

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card Bev, gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have just stumbled across your blog and I just had to say that your cards are stunning. Very inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this card, so simple but so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning card, love the heart die.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful & elegant Bev x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is beautiful, really elegant and stunning xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails