Saturday, 27 August 2011

Lili of the Valley Christmas release take 2 sneak peek

Well, if ya loved the first Christmas release from Lili of the Valley you are going to love this one just as much – a good mix of different stamps which are all so gorgeous!  They are going to be released the first week in September so not long to wait and loads of sneak peeks being shared by the DT between now and release day too so do keep an eye on the Ideas to Inspire blog as we will be uploading our cards there.

Today I have used Angel Lute for my sneak peek, I just could not resist colouring her in.  I think she will be one of my most used Christmas stamps this year (IF I ever get round to making any to send that is lol).

bev-rochester-lotv-angel-lute1

The image has been coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers (love these babies now lol)
Skin: Apricot, Oatmeal and blush
Hair: Terracotta, Vanilla, Antique White (FM)
Pinks: Baby Pink, Pale Pink, Muted Pink (FM)
Wings: Lemon Chiffon (FM) and blender
Lute: Shale, Cocoa, Ivory
Clouds: Cool Aqua, Soft Aqua (FM) and blender.
Start: Gold, Lemon
Holly: Holly, Meadow Green
Berries: Ruby

Glitter is Glamour Dust which has been applied with a glue pen

Nitwit Collections have a new digi kit out Pinky Swear, and although it is not a Christmas kit I had already decided to make the card in a pink and yellow colour combo and these papers were just so right for the card.  Aren’t the colours just so pretty?

bev-rochester-lotv-angel-lute4

And I used one of Frilly Frames from Go Kreate, this set is XXL Square Frame Frilly #10 but I cheated a bit this time lol.  I cut the entire shape out of a single piece of card so I would not lose the shape at the top as I would have done if I had cut it out straight on to a scored and folded card.  I then cut a scored and folded card with the same die and stuck the single die cut to the scored card and voila a shaped card that follows the shape all the way round :) I used one of the smaller dies in the set to cut the mat for the image to sit on, you can buy this shape in a smaller set if you don’t have an A4 die cutter or larger to cut the big dies - Frame Frilly #10.  The larger dies in the sets will need to be cut on an A4 Cutter like a Grand Calibur, I have a Big Shot Pro and I LOVE that babe (okay not so much of a baby but a monster rather lol – it’s mahoosive and cuts anything and everything lol.)

bev-rochester-lotv-angel-lute2

I coated the poinsettias with Twinklets after pulling them apart.  Once they were dry(ish) I reassembled them with some flattened spacers and the stunning new Moonstone Brads from Wild Orchid Crafts which are now on the website woohoo! I finished the card off with some 15mm roses, 10mm roses, a snowflake charm from the mixed metal embellishments, some seam binding and lace.

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

41 comments:

  1. Stunning, love the image and of course your choice of non-traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for the instructions on the follow through shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Bev it's a real beauty, both the image and how you used it! Thank you for sharing another gorgeous card, hugs from Italy, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi oh wow incredible creation. She is so beautiful. I just love every inch ! The moonstone brad is exquisite !Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev - What a stunning card. Love the image, the colours you have used and the shape.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Bev, she's a beauty
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how lovely is she! Thanks for giving us a sneaky peek, she is really pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Christmas card and with a lovely Go Create Frame.

    Hugs AStrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wunderschön , eine klasse karte mit einen schönen motiv
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is wonderful Bev, this image is just gorgeous and I love the shape of the card too! Can't wait for yet more new stamps from LOTV! :D
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly gorgeous card, Bev! A wonderful image, beautifully coloured and shown to best advantage in the design of the whole card!
    I was so pleased to read your comments about the Big Shot Pro. I haven't been at all impressed by what I've seen and experienced of the Grand Calibur and had a feeling that the Big Shot Pro was probably the only machine that was really upto the task. Better save my pennies!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Bev, I love this gorgeous shaped card, great image too!! have a great weekend hun, hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly beautiful - stunning card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card. The stamped image, the colours (quite unusual for Christmas) and the lovely way you have changed the Poinsettia.
    Hugs
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas card Bev,
    I love the image and the colours.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, Bev! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is another beauty Bev. Great subtle colours too & perfect for Christmas x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bev

    Very nice card!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card. That angel is beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! this is stunning! I love the papers and those colours work so well for a Christmas Card! Love the image and the flowers and bellies are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Bev~~Love those papers too and that poinsettia is Beautisimo~~thanks for tips on how you created it :)
    Hugz of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, love the image and I love the way you have coloured it so beautifully - I just wish I could colour like you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful - I love the Frilly Frames shape xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning card Bev I love the shape x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so Pretty Bev ! Love you`re colouring and all the lovely details.. Lol i am feeling like a stocker must be in you`re blog AT LEAST 5 times a day ;D

    Hugs Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful, Bev. The image has such an ethereal look and the colours you've used seem to enhance that look- just adorable. I,too, do what you do when I'm making a shaped card- make an additional full shaped single layer and sick it to the shaped folded card- do not like to see that flat edge ;(

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  26. She is gorgeous Bev and what a great name for those papers lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card, love the new image and the papers. I have been using those today to make my daughter's birthday card and really are a beautiful collection. Loving seeing you use the Promarkers more.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the card Bev. The larger area in the dress really shows off your colouring skills. Fab as usual. Jean..xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card and image. Thanks for the close-up shots of all that gorgeousness. I sure would love to come and craft with you for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card as always...TFS the
    information on how you cut your card out.Always love your coloring and
    all your dp's and embellies
    hugs from Texas
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love it! Esp like the non-traditional colorway!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very beautiful. The colors and coloring and everything on the card is awesome. Gorgeous Christmas card.

    tfs
    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Bev,
    Gorgeous shaped card and lovely image. Great colour combo and embellishments.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just gorgeous Bev Love everything about it.Stamp arrived today Thank You it is so cute will have a play later.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing Bev,

    Unusal colours but fantastic!

    Those Pinks are so lush and Fab colouring too!

    Have a great Bank holiday week end!

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. So beautiful Bev. I love the new image from LOTV and the new collection of papers from Nitwits.
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails