Thursday, 11 August 2011

Lili of the Valley Challenge

OMW I am so late today – I’ve taken the day off work as the new back door is going in today woohoo (so I’ve been interfering downstairs …. as you do lol).  It’s Lili of the Valley Challenge day today and the theme for the challenge is Thank You.  I had this image already pre-coloured (which I don’t normally do, I much prefer to make my card then colour the image so I know the colours will match perfectly). Isn’t Emma Pot Plant just perfect for Thank You cards!  The sentiment is from the Clear Additions  also from Lili of the Valley 

bev-rochester-lotv-emma-pot-plant I got this stunning pack of paper a while back and found it yesterday when I was looking for something else.  Don’t you just love it when that happens??  It’s called Nonna’s Garden by HOTP, I got it from Create and Craft.  I don’t normally buy from them because I totally object to their postage charges but I made an exception when I saw the pack lol.  And it was worth every penny!

The gorgeous Fretwork H eart die is new in stock from Go Kreate, the detail is just amazing.  I was asked to test it out for them so it had a good old going over.  I tried different card thickness up to 300gsm and the only card that I had to add extra shims (a couple of sheets of scrap card) for was the 300gsm to get a perfect cut.  It comes in two pieces to so you can use the fretwork part to make a sort of fancy aperture.  I loved the die so much I used it again on the inside.

bev-rochester-lotv-emma-pot-plant1

Here’s a shot of the die, love it !

 115019v1

Emma Pot Plant has been coloured with Copics and I used:
Skin: E11, 00, 000, R20
Hair: E25, 23
Dress, hat, shoes: R30, 00, 000, 0000
Flowers & Present: R35, 32, 30
Dog: E19, 13, 02, 40
Dress: R32, 30, 00, 000, 0000
Bag and plant pot: E47, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40

bev-rochester-lotv-emma-pot-plant4

The embellishments are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, loving the Made for You charm in gold.  I struggle to find nice gold charms and even took to embossing them with gold embossing powder so was thrilled when I discovered these on their website :)  The ribbon is their Silk Ribbon, love how the bows tie so perfect with this stuff.  The flowers I used are tulips, sweetheart blossoms, 20mm rose and 40mm Hybrid Tea Rose.

bev-rochester-lotv-emma-pot-plant3

I am going back downstairs to do a bit more annoying and interfering and will pop this card in my Etsy shop later today

etsy

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

38 comments:

  1. J'aime beaucoup ta carte , elle est magnifique bravo
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never! This is another of your fab cards; Love the pink and brown, and your paper is delish!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    FYI I got my stamp today from SSS. Boy-oh-boy are they fast. Thanks a bunch:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always Bev, love those flowers and the image is adorable and coloured beautifully.
    hugs
    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfeckt as always. Love you`re colouring, and your bows ar so pretty !

    Hugs Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card,love the colours and the paper.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev
    lovely card, love that heart die.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Bev..love the papers and the beautiful bow, a gorgeous pink.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een schitterende kaart Bev.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is magnificent!!! Colors are very beautiful.
    Hugs
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is stunning Bev, a gorgeous image and you've matched the papers perfectly! Beautiful flowers and love the lush ribbon too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful Bev,gorgeous image,love the colours and all your pretty details.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pink! That paper is
    gorgeous and I love the heart die.
    These little "Emmas" are precious!
    The coloring is "to die for!"
    How is your back? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Bev love that paper wow and such a cute image and that heart die is fab too. Hope your door is fitted snugly by now Enjoy your day at home.
    myrax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous card Bev done to perfection. Love all the details and cute image.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. Lovely image...she is soo cute and fabulous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Bev! Absolutely gorgeous from inside out! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bev, This is gorgeous! I can almost smell those roses!! Beautiful paper and yes I do love it when you are looking for something and find something else delish that you'd forgotten about! Beautiful colouring and image is so Sweet. Perfect Thank You Card!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Bev - those papers are super.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi5 Bev~
    You are so talented on your card creations, unbelievable... Great image, gorgeous pinks going on and great image...
    Have another crafty day my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning little creation Bev, those papers are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Bev I just adore that image she's really sweet. Gorgeous colours and papers.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Bev, very pretty, Em x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous love the new die heart :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bev this is a dream card love the image coloured perfectly and the papers are lush as always
    off you go and interfere take care Doris

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Bev. Beautiful card. The colours are gorgeous and the image is really cute. Like the heart die. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just love this card Bev! Love your colours, the layout and that heart! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just beautiful, Bev and that paper is just so striking; and just love that heart.

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card as always Bev.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just gorgeous bev, love those papers!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a fabulous card

    Hugs,
    Nicoline

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh my... this is so lovely.. and your coloration is fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card Bev x

    I am a member of Create and Craft... only because you can sometimes pick up a good deal. I recently bought the Jayne N new stamps and waited two weeks for delivery. I really do not understand what takes them so long!!!
    I am now waiting for the two stamp sets & Cd rom to complete the collection & it's been well over a week since I orderd !!!
    I would not mind if the postage was free .... Joanna Sheen is free P+P & it's delivered within 3 - 4 days.

    Think it would be quicker & cheaper to go & collect in person Lol

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. stunning card Bev so sweet hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bev -- you make the loveliest cards. Your choice of papers, flowers and images is unparalleled.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh this is really pretty, lovely papers and the heart die is gorgeous.
    Hope the back door got installed without and hitches.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very sweet, dainty and completely delightful, Bev! Love the colours, the papers and all the delish details! Hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails