Monday, 25 July 2011

Feathered Friend

Hope you all got your new Lili of the Valley Christmas stamps that you wanted :)  I’ve a Belles n Whistles Little Friend card to share today, I missed out on this image when it was in Sugar Nellie rubber but am glad I waited as the B & W stamp is smaller so does not cover the whole card (got to have room for me embellies lol). 

bev-rochester-feathered-friend

I got very brave and cut in to my new Maja Design papers from Dies to Die For.  These are the Carpe Diem 12 x 12 papers, utterly stunning!  They are so gorge they even got the sewing machine treatment (which I have not been doing as everything is upside down with the garage conversion so I had to dig it out from behind a pile of stuff lol).  The little die cut corner is a now retired Quickutz die that I lost a few weeks ago!!!  I was gutted but all I can say is I have the BEST friends, I found one in the US but the shipping was something like $30 for a little die!!!  My fab little angel in the US came to my rescue and got it for me, sent it out priority mail along with a box full of the most delish nougat (I am addicted to nougat lol).  The die is now in a safe place and the nougat is hidden away so I get to keep it all for ME!!  Lol.  Thanks sweets xxxx

Coloured with copics and a black prismacolor pencil:
Skin: E11, 01, 000, R20, 30
Hair: E29, 25, 50
Clothing and Grass: YG63, 61, G20
Flowers: Y32, 30
Tree and birdhouse: E79, 74, 70

bev-rochester-feathered-friend1

The organza rose trim, 25mm rose, sweetheart blossoms, tulips and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The narrow gingham ribbon is from The Ribbon Box and the sentiment is Lili of the Valley clear Additions.

bev-rochester-feathered-friend3

That’s it from me today, I am heading back downstairs to supervise (umm get in the way) again lol.  The ceiling is almost up whoop whoop.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel even though my poor hubby has a long way to go yet.

Have a great week

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

50 comments:

  1. what a cute card
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. And such a cute stamp.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgeous card, love the green/black combo! The image is wonderful, just great!
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Bev - such soft beautiful shades. The use of black doesn't overpower in any way.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS CARD bEV, AND i SO LOVE THIS PAPER TOO. iT´S GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Bev,fab image and love the paper.Glad you have youe corner punch safe.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful, Bev! Lots of lovely detail and embellies, which all compliment the design beautifully!
    I've 'lost' my little Quikcutz die like that as well but it hasn't been out of the house so I keep hoping I'll discover it somewhere!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schitterende kaart Bev,zo leuk die stempel,heel mooi ingekleurd.
    Prachtig papier.
    Vind die bloem zo mooi.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Bev wow that backing paper is indeed fab.Get supervising lol.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is absolutely stunning Bev, gorgeous colours and the image is so beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME card!Love all about it; glad you had room to add your embelishments they always go so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card is this.
    I like the clouss you've made.

    hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow ~just love this image and so beautifully coloured bev ~ as always just perfect details ~amazing card!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, again:) Love the contrast green and black, and love your setup of the card:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi bev this is a cutety.yes i have ordered the danceing girl and the skiing boy and dog. i loved the way you did the skiingboy and dog card. love bluebell-flowerwood x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wwooww it's such a pretty card, beautifull!!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Bev, wow, what a great image, super, and so gorgeous colord. Pretty, pretty, pretty.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joanna McDonald xx25 July 2011 11:24

    She is adorable, with her braids!
    I love the colors you used and
    the tiny bird.(don't think I could
    stay within the lines!)Your clouds
    are beautiful and reminds me I have
    to look up that tutorial sometime
    (to refresh my mind!) I need to
    practice! As usual,your coloring
    is the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Bev this is just so wonderful! I love it! absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww this is gorgeous Bev! Love the sweet image and you have coloured it so beautifully! Those papers are delish and love all your embellies. Stunning!
    Have a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. So so beautiful card in here 8)
    I like so much !

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card.

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  24. j'aime vraiment beaucoup

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a sweet card..love the vintage look.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable. The added black is a nice touch. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMGoodness...your card is amazing!! Please send some of your talent my way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning love the vintage look!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous love your cards...happy that your new craft room is going
    great.
    hugs from Texas
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card Bev,the image is adorable and love the colours, the papers are delish.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card. I love the soft colours and the cute stamp.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bev, It is always a pleasure to view your cards!! What a wonderful image, I really love your coloring and card arrangement!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a lovely card. The green is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous colouring as always Bev. A beautiful card.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Bev. Very striking card. Love the image, beautifully coloured and lovely colour combo. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aw, Bev, this is super delicious and I just love the composition; and to tie it all in you've even repeated on the inside.
    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lori Podolsky25 July 2011 23:20

    A truly exquisite creation, Bev! I am also so glad your special friend was able to get you the sweet little corner die. And, who knows, perhaps one day you will find it. I do that so often - LOL!! Hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful Bev & great layout x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card Bev. Love the background clouds and grass and the colours are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous Bev!! Lovely color scheme and I agree those papers are delish!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is gorgeous, love this image well I love all Elisabeth Bell images lol and am so glad Belles & Whistles are re releasing this set.
    I don't know how anyone can charge that ridiculous sum for such a small die, this is quite often the problem with buying overseas isn't it.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card, Bev! I love the image.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ohhhh so adorable. Love this cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the way you color hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. oooh love this one tooo... gorge xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is so beautiful! I love the black and green together! You have such a talent with color combinations! Sweet image!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! This card is absolutely stunning inside and out. I love your colouring and the papers you have chosen. The image is cute too. It is one awesome card. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails