Sunday, 3 July 2011

Bernadette admiring the spring flowers

Lots of Sarah Kay cards from me this week as that’s all I have been colouring this past few days in readiness for my Copics and Prismacolor colouring class at Papercuts in Whitley Bay yesterday.  We had a full house and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.  Thanks Shirley and Jo for the fabulous lunch and all the running around you did for us (especially as Shirley is poorly with back and hip problems and Jo is heavily pregnant!  You ladies are total stars!).  So back to the class, we had a Sarah Kay day, it’s so rewarding to see these girlies sit down and recoil in horror when they see what they are going to colour and all groan “I will NEVER be able to colour that, never mind do it well” then when they have been shown how to do it the beaming smiles on their faces – love it!!

Anyhow you’re waffling again Bev!!  My card today (which is so late as I couldn’t get out of bed this morning till the painkillers kicked in) features Bernadette admiring the spring flowers which is back in stock at Dies to Die For, I just love the detail of this stamp.   The sentiment stamp is by Whimsy Stamps.

sarah-kay-bernadette2

The gorgeous papers are Nitwit Collections Prints Charming (and Prints Charming Too is just as chock full of delish patterned paper) – total country feel to these papers and so perfect for the image.  And did you know Nitwits have a new kit out and it’s so ME!!  I asked Mary Fran a while back for a soft pretty kit with cabbage roses, and she has come up trumps with Thimbles n Threads – OMW I love it.  Printing out some sheets now for tomorrow’s card (even though I had planned something else lol).

Coloured with Copics and pencils I used:
Skin: E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair: E53, E51, E50 Light Umber pencil
Reds: R39, R37, R35, R32 Tuscan Red pencil
Blues: B95, B93, B91 Cool Grey 70% pencil
Greens: YG63, YG11, YG20 Olive Green pencil
Beiges: E43, E42, E41, E40 Warm Grey 70% pencil

sarah-kay-bernadette

The mesh butterfly was on offer at Papercuts yesterday, so of course a few packets had to fall into my basket, well it would have been rude not to lol.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid CraftsTrellis Rose, 25mm rose, sweetheart blossoms, 15mm roses, gypsophila and I also painted a couple of metal embellishments corners with Gesso.  Oh and the pearls and button and Divine Twine are also from WOC

sarah-kay-bernadette1

Last shot showing a peek at the inside

sarah-kay-bernadette3

The sun is shining, it’s a glorous day and I am going to be stuck up here in my craft room working on two commissions (think I can be tempted away from here later when him indoors (outdoors really lol) fires up the barbie. 

Enjoy your day

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

52 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Bev. I must admit that I haven't made a lot of use of my SK stamps so I must dig them out.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev she is absolutely beautiful, I am nomally a silent non commenting follower, but I just had to say a massive thankyou for yesterday, I had so much fun, and I was one of them who was horrified with what you expected us to colour then very proud that I actually managed it!! Thanks for everything, you are a star! Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your colouring tutorials went well. I'm not surprised that all had fun x

    Your card is gorgeous & love the colour combo x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev, She is just beautiful. Lovely colouring and fab papers and embellies.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Gorgeous as always Bev, just love the colour combo and your layout is super, superb colouring as always xx enjoy your BQ
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Bev, love the colours and details and the image is gorgeous, stunning colouring as always x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card you made. Find the stamp also very nice and beautiful color.

    Greetings Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Bev, love your colour choice too, a really sweet card as usual
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..gorgeous card! Love the colour combo and how it all flows together. Have a great day.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is just beautiful Bev! One of my fave SK images, gorgeous colours and lots of lush embellies too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hunny, this card is out of this world, love everything about it. Beautiful weather here in Yorkshire, hope yours is the same.
    Get some rest and enjoy the sunshine:)
    Huggles,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful card, it never seems to amaze me as to how many new cards you can make. Thanks for sharing. Kindest regards kendell

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi bev a lovely card as ever,look forward to the shrah kay cards.love bluebell-flowerwood x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Bev, beautiful colours and papers!
    I'm glad your class went well, I wish I lived nearer so I could attend!

    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. While Bernadette is admiring the spring flowers, I'm admiring your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like each card you make gets cuter. Love the red and white checks with the plus and the colorful little girl. I have that stamp also. Will have to get her out and try it your way.
    Sometime tell us how you mix your copics with the prismacolor pencils. Do you do one before the other? Edna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww Bev this is wonderful !!! I SWEAR I'm not going to buy any more images until I use some that have never seen ink & each time you create one of your gorgeous creations I DROOL all over myself & think I MUST get just one more...This is incredible !!! The coloring is amazing with your highlights & shading & I am head over heals in love with this little girl ... reminds me of my daughters working in their flower beds in the spring.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Like others, I have this image and need to dig it out and do some coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Bev I totally have this stamp and have neglected to use it. I am going to dig it out and ink her up. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! The stamp is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful card Bev, love the gingham, so yummy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Truely amazing card love the image and so nicely coloured your amazingly talented:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bev We all had a great day with you and learned so much about how to colour properly, we all turned out great S Kay images, all the ladies were so friendly and nice,it looked a massive job when you showed us your images but with your explantions we managed I had so much fun and thanks to the lovely shop in Whitley Bay Sarah and Jo Doris,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful, Bev! i really love that stamp.

    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just too cute for words, Bev- she's beautifully and your colouring makesm her so lifelike; love the papers and the embellishments, too. Hope your weekend is a little bit pain free.

    Take care

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful.....i do so love Sarah Kay stamps but so underused ......inspirational xxx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card but talk about throw them in the deep end colouring that image lol. Gorgeous papers and embellishments.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous card! Lovely details and I love the image! Your colouring is as allways beautiful!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Bev. The colour combination is lovely and so is the stamp.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww gorgeous card Bev! Love the Sarah Kay image - beautifully coloured! And the papers and embellishments are all perfect!

    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous card. the stamp is so sweet and lovely coloured. Beautifull details.

    Hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  32. OOH Bev, how adorable is this little one watering te flowers........superb coloring as always!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh this is beautiful Bev, such a lovely image. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous card!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous gorgeous card. Beautiful colouring.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Schitterende kaart Bev,zo lief die stempel,prachtig ingekleurd.
    Heel mooi papier en bloemen.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is gorgeous Bev, love the red and white gingham papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yipee, just love the Sarah Kay stamps.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous Card Bev. Love the color comb.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just love Bernadette, she's adorable and you've coloured her in so well Bev. Stunning design and colours...LOVE IT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful blog and creations!
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Bev had fab day yesterday & well worth trip from Glasgow. It was great to meet you & learn so much your a great teacher & certainly inspired each & everyone of us. Thanks for your valuable time & to the girls at papercuts great day Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Bev, what a lovely card, I do love these stamps, they give such a 'complete' picture don't you think?! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a lovely card. I just love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a gorgeous card Bev, the image is adorable. I got some Nit Wit papers recently and they are fantastic! Going to check out the latest now. Hope you can find a solution to your pain soon, best wishes. Love & Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  46. A real beauty Bev. Great colours and fab flower arrangement as always :))!
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  47. Absolutely gorgeous, sweetie! These colors are just fantastic, always a winner! Love the depths and shadings in your coloring, looks so lush!
    Hugs and have a happy week!
    iulia

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love, love, love the colours and the SK image. The flowers are to die for and now I am off to WOC to do some shopping. Hope you feel better soon. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  49. this is a gorgeosu card bev-love the sweet sarah kay image and your coloring is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Bev. Gorgeous colours and papers, love this sweet image and great detail. Hope you are felling better. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  51. So stunning and elegant, Bev! Love your papers and the charming image. Love your outstanding colouring also, as always.

    I am so sorry to hear you were in so much pain. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails