Sunday, 17 April 2011

The Ribbon Girl Challenge

Hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine in the UK.  I was a good girl and managed to squirm my way through 30 whole minutes out in the sun yesterday, got to face it all over again today.  Why is it for years and years we are told to stay out the sun and when we are out in it to slap on factor 50 yet I am told by my GP to go and sit in the sun for 20 – 30 minutes each day with no sunscreen on.  Oh ignore my whinging, I am just looking for a get out – me and the sun don’t get along very well lol.

Now to my card today, the lovely girlies from The Ribbon Girl have asked me to join their DT, and me loving my frilly bits as much as I do well I couldn’t say no now could I?  The challenge for this month is Red White and Blue.  I got these gorgeous Girls Paperie papers last week, OMW I am in LOVE!!  Now the white is more off white (okay bordering on creamy white) but white is white right?  And baby blue is blue and there was no way I was not going to use this paper (just as well I bought spares else they would never get used!!).    Check out this prize for the challenge!!

colour-challenge-7

By special request from a lovely lady in Germany I made today’s card using one of the older Sugar Nellies – Penpal.  Oh I do love these stamps and was thrilled to be able to get those that I missed out on the first time round in grey rubber off eBay so my set is complete. 

snpenpal

Gorgeous Cluny Lace and gingham ribbon just seemed to work perfect with the papers.  Did I say I love these papers lol.  And check out the crinolene/tulle flower again, this one was spritzed with a light blue mist after I had assembled it, I then scrunched it all up and allowed it to dry.  Teamed with some Wild Orchid Crafts roses and pearls and job done.

snpenpal2

Well not really job done as I smudged the original image after I had finished colouring it.  The doggies sat with their paws over their ears whilst I screeched and squalled lol.  So I cut it out and used it for the inside and then set to colouring a second image.  I love making life difficult for myself *rolls eyes*.  Actually it was a happy accident as she looks perfect on the inside of the card as well as the front so alls well that ends well.

snpenpal5

I coloured the image with Copics and Prisma Pencils natch
Hair & Belt: E29, E27, E25, E23, E50 (I got some of the new Sketch colours last week, loving the E23, BG70, E87 and E81)
Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
Jeans: B41, B000, B0000 Top: R29, R24, R22, R30
Envelope: E41, E40, 0
Then added shading with Cool Grey 90% and 70% pencils

snpenpal6

Card Recipe:
Images: Sugar Nellie Pen Pal, Lili of the Valley Tags sheet set 14, Words for Tickets
Paper: Girls Paperie Kitch Line
Tools:  Sewing Machine, Heart to Heart Lace Doily Dies
Embellies: Cluny Lace,   Gingham Ribbon, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, 8mm semi open roses, 4mm rose buds 

This card is in my lil eBay shop

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

49 comments:

  1. Bev this is lovely! Hoipe you are feeling better soon, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured Bev x
    hugs
    Suzie Qx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een schitterende kaart Bev,zo lief die stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
    Heel mooi papier en details.

    Liefs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your next dose of sunshine (it's a bit cloudy here).

    Beautiful card...that image is super.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another delight! The happy accident has made a beautiful inside. Have a brilliant day. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card bev - the inside is fab! I wish I made 'happy accidents' look like that!! Welcome to the Ribbon Girl Design Team - we are so pleased to have you on board! Enjoy the sunshine again today .... Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and image, hope you are on the mend xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mix of colors, stamp and elements! Gorgeous coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to the Ribbon Girls Bev...a stunner as always....big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Bev, just gorgeous inside and out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev
    love it love it love it, (did I say I LOVE it), papers are scrummy, love that heart die, image is lovely, a really beautiful card.
    Hope you are soon feeling much better.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bev,this is lovely,
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card!
    Love the colors and all the fab details!!
    And your coloring is as always gorgeous!
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card Bev. Love the colours and papers and the image is gorgeous.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS BEV!!!!!!!
    NO SUNBLOCK, I am almost shocked, you will be a tomato in no time, hihihi!! Our doctor always tells us..30 minutes a day is more then enough exposure, a nice walk included!!! Well don't you walk your beautiful dogs??

    Love Irene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Bev like the flower Ive made some following your tutorial:0) Keep at the sitting in the sun it can only do you good.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  17. This image was one of the first I ever bought and I love your colouring of her. Beautiful card, Bev. Gorgeous papers, pretty lace and flower and I love your red heart. Lovely inside and out! hus, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW... Colouring is Fantastic... Just look at her blouse.... Amazing!! The Colours is Beautiful... And so is the Composition.... I love it...
    Fantastic Embellishing too... Love the small details... and It Looks Amazing..!!!

    FAB Card!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bev

    I have missed a couple of your posts so I have just been catching up.

    I love the Teddy Bo card, the colouring is amazing.

    I love the golden oldies from Sugar Nellie. She is beautiful and you are patient colouring another image when you smudged.

    Gorgeous cards.

    Love Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nobody does it like you Bev! Every-
    thing is stunning on your card. The
    colors, design and as always, the
    coloring. I admire your work so
    much - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uhooi,,
    This card is very nice ....
    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the new DT, Bev - why am I not surprised!?
    This card is sooooo gorgeous - lovely image, wonderful colouring and all beautifully put together!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word it just stunning Bev. I am loving that gorgeous flower you have made, where would I get that type of material?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely card! Love the colors.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Bev, Lovely card hun and just love this image. Colours are fabulous and delish papers and embellies. Just a thought, if you have to be in the sun for 20 to 30 minutes could you not just go walking for that time, I can't sit in the sun but I am ok with walking in it.
    Have a great day.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your cards,but it's the sun thing that made me stop lurking.Kids in the south of England are now being diagnosed with rickets cos mums are being too heavy handed with the spf 50.A 15min.walk in the morning and evening with the sun on bare skin should give you all the D you need-it's the midday sunbathing that does the damage.xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Bev. Sweet card. Love the image and looks great on the inside too. The papers are beautiful and I love the layout. Congrats on your new DT and hope you get a little more sunshine today. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just when I think you can't possibly make a more beautiful card, then you absolutely astound me by doing just that and more... This is fabulous, it takes my breath away. Love Penpal. You've coloured her in beautifully. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh this is stunning Bev, love everything about it! Beautiful papers, gorgeous gingham ribbon and just love the tulle flower too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful card Bev,I love the images and the colours.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bev! Gorgeous!!!!!! Love the Girls Paperie papers they are a must have!!! I always buy their line when it comes out! Your coloring is absolutely breathtaking. The shading with the pencils gives it so much depth!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card Bev, and such a sweet image. Try to enjoy the sunshine, perhaps with a cup of tea.....as I'm sure it will soon rain. lol.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. She is so sweet, Bev, and so beautifully coloured. Love thpse papers and embellishments especially that lovely crinolene flower; and the inside- perfect. Hang on in there, Girl, go get some more vitamin C while it lasts!!

    AliceH

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card Bev, gorgeous colours.
    I hope the sun does the trick and you're feeling better really soon.
    I'm smiling with the image of your doggies with their paws over the ears!
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh...my...gosh... this is so perfect in every way!! LOVE the image, LOVE the coloring, LOVE the inside, LOVE the embellishments.... LOVE IT!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  36. Darling! I love the details- the crinoline flower- love the lace- love the ribbon and your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow awesome stunning creation.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning Card Bev, and I love that tulle flower will have to give them a go. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card, once again, Bev! Oh, how I'd love to be let loose in your craft room!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ooh she is one of my faves, just love these older SN stamps nad she looks fab in these colours. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on your new DT post Bev, look forward to seeing what you do x

    This card is lovely. Red, White n Blue made me think of the Royal Wedding x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow this is really stunning Bev

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stunning, your cards are always beautiful. A great inspiration. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is beautiful Bev. Love the flowers.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Absolutely darling. Love the colours and the inside is gorgous. As the saying goes, there are never any mistakes in paper crafting, only new ways to embelish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Really gorgeous card. Colouring twice the same image wow, and they almost look alike too. Yummie papers and embellies, love the doily heart!
    Have a great sunny day.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Bev! My computer crashed last Friday so I was unable to admire your lovely cards; not good. This card so stunning. Your colouring is outstanding. Hope I can achieve those results one day (yeah, right!) Well, I can dream, right? Anyway, love it all! Hugs, Lori P

    ReplyDelete
  48. what a beautiful card Bev, love the tuelle flower

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful card Bev, the inside is stunning (for a happy accident !!! lol lol). Take a good book and enjoy your dose of sunshine !

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails