Monday, 15 November 2010

Wild Orchid Challenge – Blue Christmas

It’s Wild Orchid Challenge day today and we’re keeping on the Christmas Card theme, this time round it’s “Blue Christmas”.  Now then I am not too sure my card is right, it’s more teal and aqua than blue but her coat is blue (squeezed that bit in by the skin of my teeth lol).  It’s another long post as I wanted to show all the detail as well as briefly list what I did so sorry if it bores you to tears lol.

I’ve coloured my first Bildmalarna stamp – Where’s Santa – and it won’t  be my last either, I just love these stamps.  I’m going to enter this card in Sweet Stamping Challenge  IF I remember to enter when I get in from work tonight.

bildmalarna3

Okay so this is another post overloaded with pictures, just can’t help myself lately.  I have used the gorgeous Echo Park Wintertime papers, even the little Winter tag is from the papers.  Love the gorgeous icy colours, I best go and buy some more because I can see me using these loads.

bildmalarna2

More of the small flat gardenias from Wild Orchid Crafts, along with 20mm roses and 10mm roses.  I also popped in some leaves punched with a Martha Stewart Branch Punch (which are rarer than hens teeth BUT!!!!  Dies to Die For has them back in stock (got me a spare now as I broke mine a while back).  They are showing out of stock on the website but I know Tracy has been having problems so if you want one email her (link is on the Contact page)

bildmalarna6

The snowflakes are punched from acetate using the Sizzix Snowflake #3 die.  I then applied glossy accents lightly around the edges and dipped this into silver German Glitter Glass (OMW this stuff is just so gorgeous IRL, the sparkle is amazing!).  Once this had dried I applied Glossy Accents again to the uncovered acetate and applied Twinklets to this for even more sparkle.  A sparkly gem brad in the centre just finished it off nicely.  I added Diamond Stickles to the fur and beard and Twinklets on the ground for snow.

bildmalarna4

The teal satin ribbon is from The Craft Fairy, loving the rich colour.  It’s just the right width for satin ribbon too, not too heavy.  I attached a little sleigh charm to some chain then glued this in place under the knot with Crafters Pick glue.  Actually I adhere all my embellies with this glue, it’s super strong, dries clear and once dry it don’t budge!

bildmalarna5

I coloured the image with Copics and used:
Skin: E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair: R59, R57, R55
Santa outfit, Boots, Mittens, frill on coat: BG78, BG75, BG72, NG10
Coat & Hat:  B02, B01, B000, B0000

This card is for sale on my Ebay.

Right that’s enough from me today, what a load of drivvel I’ve been spouting rofl.  Hope you have a fabby week (hope mine is better than last week too).

Thanks for stopping by,

 

49 comments:

  1. whow your card is so lovely, so gorgeous. Love it.

    XX Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Bev,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it cute image and love the flowers and the snowflakes.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Bev!!!
    Have a nice day, Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bev, this is gorgeous. I love the teal blue and all the glitz and glamour to this card. Image is just adorable. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww Bev,What a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So beautiful papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour is stunning on your card Bev, love how you made those snowflakes extra sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Tove your Blue Christmas Card. And the Snowflake is stunning! Love the glitter! Image is the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is another stunner, Bev - I'm loving all the bling and other details! I totally agree with you about the Bildmalarna stamps, they really are gorgeous!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Bev, love that sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev,
    Absolutely stunning creation. Gorgeous colours and a super cute image.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's just gorgeous hun
    the colors are great
    and all the details are FAB
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I say, stunning as ever and your photos are great.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Bev! I just love the colors and your image is stunning.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bev. This is gorgeous. Love the colours and the snowflakes are fantastic. Love the little sleigh charm and the image is so cute. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Bev...great colouring and details!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning card Bev..love the stamp and the colours you have used. :)
    hugs
    michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Donna that is gorgeous, you always manage to get the balance right and the colouring is beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Bev, where do you get the glass glitter from? I cant find it

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Bev this is so beautiful!!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow bev ~ what a beautiful blue card ~ stunning detail ~ gorgeous!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous card Bev! what a coincidence! I used the exact combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, I love the new image. I love your charm. Perfect design!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is stunning, so beautiful, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bev,

    This soooooooooo Gorgeous, i love it

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Bildmalarna!!! And this one
    is precious. The coloring and all
    the "trim" is magnificant and
    unique as always!!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous Bev, love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Bev! Theres never too many photos for me to look at. Gorgeous card as always....
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful card, it is really good to read what you use on your card and in the detail you give as it gives us a chance to create something half as good! Hugs Sarah X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card and wow what gorgeous snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a Gorgeous card Bev, I must admit to liking the image too, i think i need to have a peek at them... only a peek i said...lol
    I love your colouring, you are superb at it.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bev love the blue card images are sooo cute it is really lovely
    the detail is just great Doris chill out for the night

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely GORGEOUS BEV WOW you are amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card! Teal is one of my favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card, lovely image, charm and beautiful papers.
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my word!! This is beyond stunning!! I so love, love, love that stamp, I wish I had some!! I think you qualify for the blue requirement, it's just lovely!! I said it before and I'll say it again ( and again, I'm sure!) Your work is beyond awesome, just stunning!!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning card! Gorgeous image so beautifully colored! Lovely colors and snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is truly a WOW card Bev. Gorgeous colors and coloring and fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just when I think you can't do anything more gorgeous than the last card, you do it again. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just when I think you can't do anything more gorgeous than the last card, you do it again. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful blues and the snowflake is awesome!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just love this paper and image. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Bev,

    Love your use of the teal colour and the image is gooooorjuss !!!

    Hugs Sandiblu xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely colors...papers...sparkle...oh my!!! Beautiful everything Beverly: )
    Love and hugs -
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, Bev, this card really does float my boat- in my fav colours and just everything about it is fabulous- just love it!

    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is a stunning card, I love the colour & all your detail. Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin snowflakes challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails