Thursday, 18 November 2010

Lili of the Valley Challenge

This week the Lili of the Valley Challenge is Glitter & Glitz.  Right up my street lol.  I spend ages deciding which Lili of the Valley image I am going to use for my cards because I love them all so much and it’s sooooo hard deciding (so sad I know lol).  But this little Angels Standing won hands down this week.  I wanted a simple stamp to show off the most delish new digi papers from Nitwit CollectionsCookin’ Cookies.  Love love love the rich colours of this set.  Another thing that took me ages to decide, which papers to print lol.

lotvangel3

Aren’t those papers just amazing!  I have used so much glitter on this card – Stickles around the edges of the papers, on the flowers, on her wings and under her feet.  For the sparkly star I used that amazing German Glass Glitter again, I love the texture and high sparkle that is not really showing in the picture.  Believe me it is amazing!  I popped a pearl brad in the centre, the snowflake is a Spellbinders die from the Snowflake 1 set (I think).

lotvangel1

I coloured the little angel with Promarkers.  I used Apricot, Oatmeal and Blush for the skin, Mustard and Ivory for the dress (with a warm grey Prismacolour pencil over to deepen the shadows), Mustard, buttercup and ivory for her hair, Marsh Green and Holly for the greens and Crimson for the holly berries.

lotvangel2

The gorgeous crimson satin ribbon is from The Craft Fairy.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, I used small flat gardenia, 15mm roses, 20mm rose, 4mm rose buds and 8mm semi open roses.  The lace is also from WOC.  The sentiment is from the Circle Sentiments – Christmas, I just used the centre of on of the circles which I punched out using a 1” round punch.  The leaves I have punched with a Martha Stewart Branch Punch which are back in stock at Dies to Die For.

lotvangel

The blog hop winner has been announced on the Lili of the Valley Challenge blog so pop across and see if you have won!

Oh and the circle sentiments will be back in stock tomorrow.  I’ve had lots of emails about what I use to cut the sentiments out with.  I use the SMALL Spellbinders Nestibilities Classic Circles (the 3rd smallest size).  It’s a perfect fit.

Thanks for stopping by,

 

38 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, This is just another adorable Christmas card. Superb little image and beautiful colouring.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I can't get enough glitter and sparkle and will no doubt cover my kitchen in glitter as I make my entry today! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always Bev the flowers are just gorgeous,
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always Bev the flowers are just gorgeous,
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love these LOTV Christmas angels!! :))
    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev, your card is gorgeous(as always,lol)! Adorable little angel, beautiful flowers and smashing snowflake!
    Thanks for sharing your creatition *smile*
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning, love it. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas card! Beautiful image and I love all the glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love the sparkle and that image is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Bev!!Gorgeous card, I love the layout and the colours, and the image is sooo cute.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bev. Beautiful card. Love the rich colours and layout. Sweet image. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful card Bev,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is a gorgeous card. I love the papers and colours and that image is just beautifully finished. Fabulous work.

    Hugs Jannie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Bev, fabulous colours and details! love the glitter, perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful! in love with those.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! another stunner Bev. You are soooooooo consistent - how do you do it?

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bev

    Gorgeous, gorgeous card. The image is absolutely adorable and I love the Nitwits papers - will definitely have to get this set (to add to the load I already have!).

    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card! I adore angels!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Bev and thanks for sharing about new papers and glass glitter ;)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a delightful card, Bev and I love all the Glimmer and Glitz!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful! The German glass glitter is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Bev
    This is my first visit.
    My friend Sharon insisted I took a look. She is quite a fan of your blog, Lili of the Valley and Wild Orchid. She now has me hooked.
    Yours cards are something to aspire to. Thanks
    Cally

    ReplyDelete
  22. Deine karte ist total schön
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bev thsi is soooooo beautiful, oh my I LOVE all your holiday details...totally GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely adorable, love all the glitter and such a cute image.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card Bev xx
    lovely image & coloured beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Bev this is so pretty! Love all the sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is such a stunning card - I love the image and the papers are scrumptious!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh bev, this is just gorgeous, I love the colours... did I miss the draw of your LOTV stamp? Better go check it out... have a great day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wowzer Bev - this is absolutely stunning. Love the image, the colouring the flowers, the layout (have I missed anything)?! I LOVE it!!
    Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is truly gorgeous, Bev, and the papers are just scrumptious.

    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous!! I love the adorable angel! The coloring and sparkle is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your little angel and the colours you used on her.
    Your paper is terrific and that snowflaek -
    WOW.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous gorgeousness...........ever time I come and visit you my bank account takes a hammering! lol xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  34. you make such wonderful cards, Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails