Friday, 22 October 2010

Just Magnolia -THINK PINK

We are promoting Breast Cancer Awareness month, I’m sure a lot of you know our amazing teamie Jacque is celebrating beating the disease and we wanted to show our support and love for a very special lady, and also for all the very special ladies that have fought/are fighting the disease.  So our theme for this week is “THINK PINK”.  Nice and simple, use some pink on your creation and you could be the winner of the fabulous prize and also will be showing your support!!  We really hope you can join in this week.  Just check out the delish prize that Wild Orchid Crafts has sponsored!!

justmagnolia-22-10

So on to my card, this Fairy Dust Tilda was just perfect for what I had in mind … not blowing fairy dust but blowing kisses and good wishes to all those amazing ladies.

think-pink-tilda

I have used Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby papers and went a bit crazy with the distress crackle paint around the edges. I carried the sketch through to the inside of the card.  The Magnolia Doo Hickey Tilda Lace die just seemed to fit right in with the papers and design.

think-pink-tilda2

A close up of the ribbon treatment – the “ribbon” is actually seam binding that I scrunched up then set the wrinkles with some steam.  I stitched a little heart button in the centre.

think-pink-tilda5

The image was coloured with Copics, I used E21, E00, E000, R20 for the skin, E55, E53, E51, E50 for the hair and RV34, RV11, RV000 for the clothes then added some burgundy and black prismacolor pencil to deepen the shading.  I am not happy with the pink, I just can’t get a decent pink with Copics.

think-pink-tilda4

Last shot – the arty one (the one where I stand on my head rofl)

think-pink-tilda3

And the panic is over – I have been without the internet this week.  We had our Sky box upgraded and the numptie that fitted the box ran new cable from the outside and stuck a great big staple through my existing broadband cable.  I was NOT happy!!!  So, sore back, no internet and a gruelling physio session did not make for a very good week :(

Hope you all have a great weekend, I am going to the Stamp Magic show in Doncaster this weekend, hope to see some of you there.

Thanks for stopping by,

 

45 comments:

  1. C'est une carte magnifique Bev!

    Djamxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So special and amazing card.
    Love the idea of Think Pink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Bev. Hugs marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bev this is gorgeous and so adorable.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Bev!!!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my sweetie
    this is absolutly gorgeous
    i give you a huge compliment
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just glorious, Bev! I love the way you've continued the design through to the inside of the card - it makes it look so 'finished' (doesn't quite express what I'm trying to say but couldn't think of a better word!).
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I love your colouring and that doohickey lace! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just such a lovely "Think Pink" card. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an beautiful card! The detail is stunning, and the image is so cute!!
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh so pretty, love those papers and you used the perfect image with them.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bev
    love your card. It's fantastic news that Jacque has beaten this awful diease, and it's wonderful that you and your teamies are supporting this very worthwhile cause.

    Sorry to hear that you have had such a rotten week, hope your back is soon better.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card Bev, stunning. And for a good course.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo so sweet is this
    xxxx tanja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! This image is the perfect choice for your "Think Pink" card. Beautiful details...love the flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bev, wow this is gorgeous and so pretty, I love the inside to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just amazing, you have such a talent... every card I have seen is a small masterpiece!
    Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and I am enjoying every minute of my visit. This card is just so gorgeous. Love every last detail that you put into it. How very talented you are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So wonderful card Bev,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, inside and out.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Bev
    hugs sarah
    p.s. will you be at the NEC?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this card is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jus gorgeous and such a worthy cause!!!!
    Hope you have a pain free weekend Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Bev love those colours,great you give the copic numbers too, I like the use of crackle paint not brave enough to use mine yet, did you paint it on?
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Bev, Wow this is beautiful! I love the gorgeous papers and this Tilda is so sweet.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow great job as usual Bev just gorgeous inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is amazing Bev, inside and out!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous Bev. One words says it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. jolie réalisation ,j'aime beaucoup amtiié

    isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable card!!!I always admire how you set your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bev, Your card is just beautiful and I love that Jacque is the wonder behind the blog hop!! She is an amazing woman!! Love the way you did your card!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card Bev inside and out. I am got you got your internet back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Bev,
    You have a had a bad week. Hope the next one is much better.
    I love your card - as usual :o)
    I would really like to know how you make Tilda's cheeks so realistic and not round circles like mine always are. Any tips?
    Thanks so much.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ta carte est tout simplement magnifique, et sublime.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is so pretty Bev! Like your colouring and the wonderful Details!

    Happy Weekend
    Hugs Dunja

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is absolutely stunning, gorgeous papers and an adorable image, I love it! Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is gorgeous Bev. I love that sweet image and the DP is gorgeous, I can hardly bear to use mine lol!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. bev she is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Soooooo pretty!! Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I only just discovered your blog today, and I am so impressed and inspired. I love love love the way you finish the inside of the cards, I'm always at a loss as to what to do with the inside, and this looks so professional. Beautiful work, you blog is in my favourites already. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails