Monday, 6 September 2010

Stampavie, Wild Orchid Crafts and a sneak peek

Warning!  This is a long post so hope you have your cuppa lol.

It’s Stampavie challenge and Wild Orchid Challenge day today.  I have combined both challenges with this card.  Stampavie challenge is a sketch and Wild Orchid challenge is pins and pearls and no surprises I have done another easel card lol.

sarah-kay-francesca-winter1

I have used those gorgeous Mistletoe papers by Memory Box again – I adore the rich reds in this pack.  The image is one of the new Sarah Kay stamps – Francesca in Winter Garden from Stampavie.  Isn’t she gorgoeus!  I’ve coloured the image with Copics and have listed the colours at the end of the post.

sarah-kay-francesca-winter-

There are quite a few layers in the sketch and you know me and my terror of layers lol.   So for one of the layers I have used the Marianne D doily die.  I love this die, it’s just the perfect size and is so useful too.

sarah-kay-francesca-winter2

For the inside of the card I have cased the tag idea from the uber talented Rach (who is blogging again – woohoo, so glad you’ve found a little time to blog sweetie, missed you heaps).  How clever is this idea!!

sarah-kay-francesca-winter3

The border punch is Martha Stewart modern garland punch and I have popped little pearls in the centre of each pattern. The guipure lace and pins are from Wild Orchid Crafts as is the flowers - 30mm Wild Roses, 15mm roses, 4mm rose buds.  The sentiment on the bottom of the card is from Stampavie, on the top part of the card the sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps labels set.

sarah-kay-francesca-winter4

Right the Copics I used are:
Boots & hair: E79, E77, E74, E71, E70 (and E50 for the hair)
Scarf, mittens and bow: R46, R24, R22
Jodhpurs:  E43, E42, E41, E40
Jumper: YG67, YG63, YG11
Fence: E79, E25, E21
Grass/greenery: YG99, YG95, YG91, YG63, YG63, YG11, E99, E97 (acorns and falling leaves), R59 (blackberries)
Robins: E25, R02

I used a lot of greens for the grass and all I did was dot blobs of the colours all over the ground till the white space was filled.  Really quick and easy to do and quite effective I think.

I also have a sneak peek to share.  Jayne Nestorenko has designed the most gorgeous stamps for Crafters Companion – the range is called Adorables and adorable they are!  They are being released on Create & Craft this Friday (10th September).

adorables-5

There is a fab CD to accompany the stamps and the papers that I have used on all the sneak peeks (I will have one every day this week) are from the CD.  The sentiments are also on the stamp sheet, there are between 4 and 5 amazing sentiments on each stamp sheet.  Also on the sheet is all the little extras to make the sweetest scenes.  For this card I am sharing today the staircase is one of the accessory stamps.

adorables-5b

I coloured the image with Promarkers:
Stairs: Walnut, Cinnamon, Tan
Girl facing front: Hair: Henna, Cocoa, Ivory; Clothes: Sandstone, Satin, Ivory, Marsh Green, Meadow Green; Shoes: Shale, Tan, Sandstone; Skin: Apricot, Oatmeal, Blush
Girl facing back: Hair: Caramel, Ivory; Clothes: Sandstone, Satin, Ivory, Marsh Green, Meadow Green; Shoes: Chestnut, Cocoa, Satin; Skin: Apricot, Oatmeal, Blush
Garland: Holly, Olive Green, Marsh Green, Meadow Green, Mustard, Yellow, Primrose, Berry

adorables-5a 
I found the flowers in a box full of Christmas stash that I have had for ages.  The little pine cones I picked up on one of my walks with the dogs, I just sprayed them with some gold spray paint.

I have loved making every one of these sneak peeks, each stamp sheet is better than the next.

Phew, another epic novel from me today –hope I have not bored you to tears.

Thanks for stopping by,

 

75 comments:

  1. Wow Bev these are just so gorgeous!!

    The colours are so rich and the papers and flowers so yummy but the images well what can I say "adaorable" and coloured so beautifully Love them Bev!!

    Thanks for sharing Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both stunning cards Bev fabulous images can't wait til friday for CC launch hoping Sara gets the Stampavie Christmas stamps in too
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the papers and embellies just fall into place on your cards Bev! How do you do that? hee hee Both stunning creations!!!
    Have a fabulous week ♥
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bev, These are just so adorable. Love them both and the new stamps from Jayne are fabulous.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my hun
    you cards are gorgeous
    love all the details
    perfect coloring
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bev,
    You make such wonderful cards. I love them all, but these two are fabubous.
    Greetings from Belgium
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards, love the images and layouts. Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Theese stamps are so cute! :) I just fell in love with the card on top! It must be the colours! Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Papers are Gorgeous and embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are very beautiful and a joy to look at.
    Hugs
    Sian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most certainly not bored, Bev just grateful to be able to share in your techniques! Both are absolutely gorgeous cards and I'll be looking forward to the other sneak peeks!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of the cards are wonderful! A treat to see and a lovely start to the week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. G'day Bev, Both your cards are beautiful but especially that gorgeous Sarah Kay card. Wonderful colours and colouring. Fabulous paper and stunning lace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both stunning cards Bev fabulous images! I love the way the papers and embellies just fall into place on your cards ...but I just fell in love with the card on top! It must be the colours! Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

    Cu hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww gorgeous cards Bev!! As always!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bev,
    Both of these cards are beautifully done. I like the second one - it's very pretty, but the first one is stupendously gorgeous. Wow it took my breath away when I saw it. It has it all for me.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi bev love both your cards, but i like the stampive image. will have to see if i can get the stamp. happy crafting love bluebell x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. jolies réalisations ,j'aime beaucoup les styles et les couleurs amitié
    isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Bev, wow these new stamps are gorgeous as are Jaynes new ones, youve created a couple of quite stunning cards with them. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wouw...your cards are so beautiful, i love the first one, you did a great job on that one.
    Have a nice day...

    Greetings Thea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bev,

    what wonderful cards! I especially love the top one, with the wintery girl at the fence, very very nice!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous sweet cards Bev.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards absolutely gorgeous Bev! Just had a quick look at the CC blog and will be looking forward to more ideas, the staircase extra is super for beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely FABULOUS, the both of them! I never get bored with your stories and cards!

    Hugs, Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  24. these cards are just breath taking dear. Gorgeous work as always. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards! I love the reds on the first one - you're right they're so beautiful and rich.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are some gorgeous cards hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two beautiful cards both images are so cute and the detail on the first card is amazing.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bev both cards are absolutely beautiful and truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow-these are both gorgeous. I love that red paper and the roses are gorgeous. I think I need to place another order-I some how overlooked the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. both cards are gorgeous but that top card is just beautiful! I adore the colours, the image, the layers etc..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two gorgeous cards Bev, love the red papers on the first and the cool greens of the second.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. both are goreaous, love the touches of gold on both of them

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulously stunning Bev....love the rich colours on the first card too.
    You just never cease to wow me with your stunning creations!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, wie klasse, sind wunderschön Deine Karten, schmacht
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  35. Two fabulous cards Bev, will have to set up sky to record C&C, looking forward to the rest of the sneak peeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi bev,
    both of your cards are stunning I love the stamps
    hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  37. Bev, Dear, you never ever bore me!
    Both cards are arvellous, but I prefer the first! I ordered the christmas paperstacks from Memory box some days ago and I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both are beautiful! I must be the only who hasn't tried an easel card yet!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh Bev this card for the WOC just blows me away!!!!! It is gorgeous!!! The colors are so pretty and rich and I love this paper too!!!! Love the gold accents and the grass looks so cool!!!
    Love your second card as well!! The colors are so pretty and the pinecone idea is perfect!! I try to look of the little ones here but I think I always start to late as they are always so big!! LOL
    Have a great day!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are amazing! And I love that you used real pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow Bev these are just so gorgeous!!
    You make such wonderful cards. I love them all...

    Hugs Thea from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh Bev, I swear your cards just get more gorgeous every day. You NEVER bore me & I so look forward to your posts. These 2 cards are both so amazing. Love the reds on the 1st one & that image is so adorable. Also love the time you put into creating them. All the extra glitter around the edges must take forever but is so worth it. Both cards are just stunning my dear.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such beautiful cards! You use just the right amount of red, striking but not overpowering!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, these are both gorgeous. Love those sweet pine cones you found, what a fantastic idea to use them on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both fabulous but my fav is the first one, great image & colours. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wowwwwww Bev,What a wonderful cards,I love the images and the colours.
    So beautiful papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such stunning cards as always Bev! Luv them both. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh wow Bev this is gorgeous and love the new stamps.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow that first card is absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow Bev, what can I say. Your cards are as gorgeous as ever. Hope all is well!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Ooh, 2 stunning cards, Bev. The colours on SarahKay are breathtaking and the details you've used are amazing. I just love the second one, too. Jayne is a very talented lady and such a lovely, lovely person. I've met her on several occasions at NEC and consider her a friend. If you haven't met her yet, I hope you do so.

    Alice(beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow bev what beautiful cards!! just so delightful (as always)
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Bev, these are both gorgeous as always. That memory box DSP is so sweet and vintage looking. All the wonderful embellishments on your cards are just perfectly placed as well. Thank you for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Both cards are so beautiful, great work Bev!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  55. These are so gorgeous Bev, such beautiful images and colours.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Bev, just a stunning card, love it. I have left you an ward on my blog ~ Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  57. Lovely cards bev, never been on your blog before but it is lovely
    Hope you find time to come and chedk out my blog and leave me some advice!
    Hugs
    Grace
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  58. oh bev these cards are delightful, such inspiration, x caro

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow Bev who could be bored looking at these gorgeous cards. They are just adorable. Loved that grass idea, I may have to borrow that.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Adore these colours - so rich and warm. Can't wait for the Sarah Kays - some of my faves!
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Absolutely gorgeous, Bev! I love how you always cluster your flowers and emnellishments. Your cards are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Bev

    O WoW , your really the best!!!
    Can't keep my eyes from these adorable
    cards, Love looking at your creations and I hope
    the stamps find there way to the Netherlands!
    they are just to cute:)

    Hugs from Netherlands.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  63. More beauties from you....I have not seen these new images before....both adorable!! I especially love the color combo on the Stampavie card...this red and tan are so rich together!
    Wishing you a lovely day!!
    xxxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  64. these are both stunning, your colouring is just amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  65. Each and every card you make are masterpieces! Absolutely beautiful!! Your colors, coloring, placement of flowers, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  66. hi bev ,
    wow there amazing hun, ilove new sarha kay :) can i ask you somethink , did you add glitter to flowers or did you buy them like that there sooo pretty :) huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  67. AWESOME...esp the 1 card!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Gorgeous cards Bev, love love love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  69. Both cards are gorgeous and really great class.

    Hug

    Clara XXX...

    ReplyDelete
  70. wonderful cards!
    so many lovely details! delicious!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails