Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Stampavie Challenge

Marga has provided a sketch for this weeks Stampavie Challenge – lots of layers which terrify me but actually I really loved making the card and love the look of all the layers.  It probably wouldn’t be so difficult if I didn’t mat all the layers but that’s just something I have to do *rolls eyes*

sarah-kay-watermelon

 

Okay so about the card.  The papers are from a fab K & Co kit I got from a dear friend a couple of years ago.  This kit makes lots of layers a breeze!.  I used the raffia ribbon for one of the layers (was getting top heavy by this stage lol) and the star for the last layer.  The card just did not look right with another piece of paper there so I drew a (rather wonky) star, distressed it with Crackle Distress paint and Antique Linen Distress ink and wrapped some twine around it.

 

sarah-kay-watermelon1

Oh dear after checking the sketch out again seems I did a LOT of tweaking rofl.  I have used André carrying watermelon by Sarah Kay and coloured the image with distress inks.  The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Adage ticket.

 

Thanks for stopping by,

Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

29 comments:

  1. wonderful card bev I ove the stamp
    hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Bev Love the image and the layers are fab Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bev,I truly love this card,Its gorgeous.
    Big hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image and lovely card Bev loce the rafia ribbon.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza hun! Gorgeous card and so much work. Really cute image and I love the torn from a notebook look down one edge. Just brilliant. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Bev,i love the image and the colours.
    so gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bev,you must have been ages with all those layers,Love the whole card.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Bev! I really like lots of layers on a card but I can see that this must have been loads of work - but worth it!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, the image is very sweet and love the papers and embellishments.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bev,
    I love the papers, colours and embellishments on this card. The image is beautifully done and I love the wee boy.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a lot of layers but it look so good with them all and I like your star.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! Love the browns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card Bev, love how you added the twine to the star, a fab finishing touch
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Bev fab colours
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh this is lovely Bev,really love the image soo cute, but the minute i saw it the first thing that came into my head was a scene from the film dirty dancing when ''baby'' first meets Patrick Swayze, when asked what she was doing there she replied '' I carried a watermelon''lol
    hugs Troy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful, I think the star is a great touch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is adorable Bev.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning Bev.... these aren't your usual colours are they but they really suit this image, gorgeous earthy tones and your layers are perfect!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, Bev- you've done a great job with those layers- they look fab; love the image you've used and beautifully coloured - and just love the buttons!

    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Bev. As always :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delicious card Bev, love the colours and all those wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great Bev I love the lo and the papers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Bev, what a fabulous card, love the layers and the image is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful card Bev..love the colours..and what a cute stamps..
    hugs
    Michelle Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bev, I love this! The colors, textures, and papers are perfect with that adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I always sigh with admiration when I see your work! I love the layers and the gorgeous papers. Oh, and the star!! Your "not-wonky-at-all" star is perfect!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful Bev. I love layers, and generally mat mine as well!

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails