Thursday, 13 May 2010

Lili of the Valley challenge and a bag

Before I get on to today’s creations I thought I would let you know that from 10th to 21st May Lili of the Valley is offering FREE WORLDWIDE POSTAGE!!  Given that their stamps are so reasonably priced at £3.75 each you’ve got no excuse now girls.

Today I have two things to share, my Lili of the Valley challenge card and also an altered bag.  Some of the Whiff of Joy design team have got together and challenge each other once a month to follow a tutorial off the Whiff of Joy Tutorials and Inspiration blog, and this month we are altering a bag from a tutorial that Inge is sharing.

This week for our Lili of the Valley challenge we have a sketch to work to.  I dug out this cute little Fairies Present stamp that I had not got round to inking up.  You have no idea the mountains of stamps I have that have yet to be inked, it’s disgraceful!

lotv-present-fairy 

I’ve reached for those gorge Papermania Henbury Lane papers again and also used the striped paper from their Rose Garden pad.  I am loving these dolly mixture prints, so pretty.

lotv-present-fairy1

I am entering this card in a few challenges:
Creative Inspirations – Fairies
Stampavie and more – Pink
ABC Challenge – U for unused stash (stamp)

Recipe:
Stamps: Fairy Present and sentiment from Lili of the Valley
Paper: Papermania Henbury Lane and Rose Garden
Tools: Martha Stewart Rings ATP punch, Oval Nestibilities, SU Word Window Punch
Embellishments: Ribbon and dew crops from Crafty Feeling, Wild Roses and 15mm roses from Wild Orchid Crafts

So now to my altered bag for Whiff of Joy

woj-altered-paper-bag1

I made a little emergency get well bag up using one of the sweet Norma Fickel images from Whiff of Joy, this one is called A little bit of magic might help.  I have coloured the image with distress inks only again, no Twinks and I really am loving the effect.  So all those tubs and tubs and tubs of twinks will be relegated to a shelf to gather dust I expect lol.

I used Nestabilities Labels 6 for the flap on the top of the bag, popped a couple of eyelets in and tied it closed with a bit of ribbon.

Can’t give much of a recipe as I have no idea who the papers are by.  My son gave me a big bag of papers that he picked up at Costco for my birthday in February  (another pile I forgot I had!).  The punch is a Fiskars Apron Lace punch, the cherry blossoms and lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

woj-altered-paper-bag

Thanks for stopping by,

 

62 comments:

  1. Hi Bev,you did a great job,there both stunning.
    enjoy your day.
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning - thanks for letting us know about the free postage.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, Wow these are both stunning! I love the LOTV card ~ such a sweet image and gorgeous papers. The bag is a fab idea!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the card and the bag are fabulous hun! Beautiful soft colours. I think you should really send any uninked stamps to me and I can love them and hug them and take them home and call them George (sorry, momentary lapse LOL). Stunning work as always babes. Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful Bev. Both of them.
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. two gorgeous creations hun.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Bev, New to cards, and have just zooooomed into your doggy pictures~drooling over them! Just Gorgeous!!! Then I remembered what i was here for! Yes both your cards are stunning. Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bev, these creations are absolutely stunning! Still waiting for my fairies...boohoo!!! May just pop around to do some more shopping (free postage! what a bargain!!!) hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet card and bag! Love the colors you used on both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh wowww Bev,so beautiful,i love your images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and wonderful bag. Such a lovely colours. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bev both of these cards are fabulous and what a lovely present to give someone whos not well, I know my hubby would really approve of those things. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing bag creation and a wonderful idea. Love your LOTV card, they are the best images around at the moment. And your using two of my favourite paper pads too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. p.s. Awww you can't put the twinks away, you got me using them when I fist started crafting, and they are fantastic Bev.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card honey.. and the bag.. well that alone would be enough to make anyone feel better, never mind the contents.

    Hugs
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Allways so much fine to look at here, Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creations Bev!! xxMarley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card, Bev and the bag is a great idea.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful card and a beautiful bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great creations Bev,
    love that image and those papers are perfect!
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Bev, hope you are well. Amazing creations both are just stunning ~ Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Bev been so long since i've been a blogging fabulous card & Bag love the colours & the images
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both fabulous Bev, especially love the bag. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two fabulous creations. Love the card and the image on it! Great sketch too over at LOTV.

    Love the bag. Great idea. I have a few of these bags lying around. Will have to have a play and get them made up into something :)

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Очень красиво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Firstly the card love the stamp glad youve finally used it :0) such pretty backing papers and flowers.The bag is brilliant too.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous Bev. I love the bag
    Love sarah XX

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Great coloring :)) hugs jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya Bev, two more gorgeous cards, I love the image on the altered bag.
    big hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card, and what a lovely get well gift! Enough to make anyone feel better.
    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi bev, love your new creations, so wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. hallo Bev,
    wie is de winnaar van deze candy???
    http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/simon-says-stamp-saturday-surprise_24.html

    groetjes nonna

    ReplyDelete
  33. Brillaint creations, as always, Bev.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two fabulous creations Bev. As for the uninked stamps - that's classed as normal!!! Thanks for the heads up on free postage ... off to have a look as I'm sure there's something I MUST have. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What gorgeous creations, Bev!
    Your work is amazing, as always.
    Wish I had just 1/10th of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They are both gorgeous Bev, that get well bag is a brilliant idea, and love the papers you've chosen for your card x

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow this is a gorgeous card and altered bag. Think I may have to indulge in a few LOTV stamps. Would be rude to ignore free shipping wouldn't it?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card and love the bag as well. Love the papers you used. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful creations Bev that bag is ideal for me as I have a miserable cold atmo hugs Toni

    ReplyDelete
  40. Two gorgeous creations Bev.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both creations are very cute and wonderful!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a beautiful faerie card, and a fabulous Get Well gift bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a beautiful card Bev and I love your little get well set it is so sweet!
    Hugs
    Lana xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous card Bev, got to get those papers! Adorable LOTV fairy and such pretty roses. Love the cute gift bag too.
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is fantastic Bev and I love the image. Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Brilliant creations,love the little gift bag with the lace and the punch shape!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just love your card, Bev - those papers are delicious and your little angel is so cute; your bag is just fantastic!

    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  48. So sweet card and bag! Love the colors you used on both!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous gift bag Bev, such pretty details!

    Hugs, Inge xOx

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love this card!
    I was so inspired by this sketch I have even entered the Lili of the Valley sketch challenge myself!
    Its beautiful - well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. wow Bev you have so much talent its unreal i love all of your projects your a real inspiration to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is simply stunning, Bev! Fabulous project.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  53. That little bag is gorgeous!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  54. As always stunning project, fab creation! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails